Google Pixel

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
psypher
Golden Member

Re: Google Pixel

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:No fingerprint reader, but who cares?
I do lol. Once you have a phone with it, you never want to use a phone without it. I can pull the phone out of my pocket and by the time it's out, its unlocked :) Anyways, the XL arrives on Wed. I may look at the Moto X for my kid. His phone doesn't have a finger print reader, so we won't know what he's missing anyways.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-faul ... ds-732024/

HA! So I just called Google and even though I'm outside the 1 year warranty, they are going to go ahead and send me a replacement. So I cancelled the Pixel XL, and I'll return the Pixel after I get the replacement. Guess I'll eat the activation/restocking fee as a replacement rental. What an ordeal. Dam you LG!
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

The only issue with the finger print reader is most people probably use their index finger. If you phone was stolen, someone could get your finger print off the glass and use that to unlock it.
http://www.theverge.com/2016/5/2/115409 ... k-security
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I have honestly been very happy with the Pixel 5. I don't want something super large and instead of spending the money on the XL's size, I got the max capacity so I can take lots of pics. The camera is freaking amazing and takes much better shots than any of my friend's iPhones. Mine was direct from Google.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Sigh, my bad luck continues. So my Pixel seems to be affected by the faulty Microphone. Since I've gotten the phone, on several occasions the mic stops working. I can pretty much recreate the issue, though it seems to happen randomly. I just have to be on a call talking and it just stops. Going to try to exchange it tomorrow.