iPhone 7 for the Wife

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Err
Life Member

iPhone 7 for the Wife

Post by Err »

I upgraded the Wife's 5S to the 7 today. I ordered directly from Apple because I didn't want to deal with AT&T directly or the local store. The last time I was in they couldn't tell me what a phone cost. I asked about the iPhone 6S at the time and they said it would be so much for month. I supposed they're not used to selling a phone outright in my area.

I subscribed the Wife to the iCloud backup service ages ago. It ~$1.00 per month for 50GB. I highly recommend doing this as it made setting up the new phone a snap. After turning on the phone, I had to enter the account information and then install the most recent iOS update. Then it asked me if I wanted to restore a backup. I selected the one for her 5S, entered the passkey and ~60 minutes later, the backup was completed and the apps were restored. The phone settings, icons, etc are identical to the previous phone.

I don't like Apple products but I have to give them props for the ease of this setup. However, if I didn't have the iCloud service, I'd have to deal with iTunes. I also don't blame anyone for getting an iPhone if they aren't tech savvy. The iPhone is easy to use and just works.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: iPhone 7 for the Wife

Post by Executioner »

Yeah my wife will only use Apple, even though her laptop is an HP running windows 7. I personally don't like Apple due to costs and control.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: iPhone 7 for the Wife

Post by Losbot »

Not a fan of Apple either. Wife doesn't care for them much either.
I've got the Goodle Pixel and she's got Google's Nexus 5x.