Ampere for Android - Useful battery diagnostic app

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Ampere for Android - Useful battery diagnostic app

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wife's phone has a charging problem I needed to diagnose and a friend of mine who works in a phone store told me to download Ampere. Free app (has ads) that gives you a slew of useful info about the battery and the charging system. With it I figured out that her phone has a bad charging circuit and will arrange for an RMA from Motorola. It's charging at less than half the amperage it should be on a normal charger (170mA compared to 400-500 on my identical MotoX Pure), and it's not seeing any of our Moto high speed Turbo chargers at all.

Anyway, useful app. It's particularly useful for comparing chargers. You know how some chargers claim to provide 2.1 amps but sometimes they don't, or you may have a cheap charger that seems to charge slow than others? This app will show what the max USB current is (how much the charger can provide), and many other useful info, as well as real time charging rate.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... pere&hl=en
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.