Verizon phones will soon get the useless 'AppFlash' search tool in an upcoming rollout

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Verizon phones will soon get the useless 'AppFlash' search tool in an upcoming rollout

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Just another reason not to buy your phone from the carrier. I bought my unlocked Moto-X phones from Amazon. No Verizon crapware on them.

http://www.androidpolice.com/2017/03/28 ... g-rollout/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Verizon phones will soon get the useless 'AppFlash' search tool in an upcoming rollout

Post by Executioner »

Whats the app flash tool?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Verizon phones will soon get the useless 'AppFlash' search tool in an upcoming rollout

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It replaces the Google search bar with Verizon's own search bar.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:It replaces the Google search bar with Verizon's own search bar.
That's pretty lame on Verizon's part.
psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

We have received additional information from Verizon and based on that information we are withdrawing this post while we investigate further. Here is the statement from Kelly Crummey, Director of Corporate Communications of Verizon: "As we said earlier this week, we are testing AppFlash to make app discovery better for consumers. The test is on a single phone – LG K20 V – and you have to opt-in to use the app. Or, you can easily disable the app. Nobody is required to use it. Verizon is committed to your privacy. Visit www.verizon.com/about/privacy to view our Privacy Policy."
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2017/03/f ... nces-plans