Galaxy Note8

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Galaxy Note8

Post by reno »

Would you pay $925.00 plus for this phone .just for bragging rights to say you have one ?
best buy list price
New! Samsung - Galaxy Note8 64GB (Unlocked) - Midnight Black
Model: SM-N950UZKAXAASKU: 6002605
See More Colors
Android 7.1.1 Nougat
4G LTE speed
6.3" Quad HD+ touch-screen display
Dual 12.0MP rear- and 8.0MP front-facing cameras
Compatible with most major US carriers, including AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon Wireless and Sprint
THIS IS FOR A PRE-ORDER. Get it by Fri, Sep 15 for 34652 in florida
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Galaxy Note8

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I hate Samsung phones. Can't stand all the bloatware.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Fortunately there are ways to remove/disable the extra stuff. I like the edge 7 I am using now. Only thing I cant get rid of is Touchwiz since I got a US variant, and the bootloader remains locked on it, but once all the extra garbage is turned off, and using the Nova Launcher, it feels really good.

But no, I would not pay that much. I only got the S7 cause with the 8 coming out, S7's locally new from store dropped to 500 bucks for a few days and I got one.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I really hate the trend of curved bezelless screens. The Note 8 will probably sell well due to its utility. However, after my S5 dies, I'm finished with Samsung.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

not sure what im doing when my galaxy s6 dies . im sure not looking forward to leasing my next sprint phone . also despise being put back into a contract ! right now the wife and I are on a month straight payment . no contract and we own both are phones her phone a Apple s5 . sadly her phone has a cracked screen so we may have to figure something out shortly even do its working find at the moment. :bang
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Pfft. Buy your own unlocked phone. There are some excellent phones for a reasonable price, and you don't get all the Sprint crapware.

Moto-G5 is around $225 and a rock solid phone. There's some better phones if you don't mind paying a bit more. Look at a phone you like at the sprint store then check for an unlocked version on Amazon.

Don't be under the illusion you're getting any kind of discount from Sprint (or any other cell phone company) if you get a phone from them on contract. You end up paying for it in the end.

I refuse to go back on a contract. I've bought my own phones the last two times around.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Not $925.
For that, I'll get the new Pixel when it comes out. My current Pixel just installed the new Android Oreo OS. Very nice.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I still have my Samsung S5. Still works great. When it dies, not sure what to get. I don't want a phone with all the crapware installed. Too bad they don't have an app to remove the bloatware like they did with Dell PC's (dell decrapifier).