Well they FINALLY pushed out Android 7 on my MotoX Pures

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Well they FINALLY pushed out Android 7 on my MotoX Pures

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I was getting ready to give up that we'd ever see it. Long overdue since Motorola hasn't pushed out a security update for the MotoX Pure in almost a year.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Well they FINALLY pushed out Android 7 on my MotoX Pures

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Follow up: Liking the new operating system so far. If anybody's been waiting it's definitely a nice upgrade from 6.

Not anything major visually or functionally, so not a jarring change for peeps who don't like change, but a lot of nice new features under the hood.

The FINALLY added a Clear All button to the app history list. The split screen is useful if you copy/paste a lot like I do.

The new messenger is a big improvement and finally lets you send sms photos to email directly without saving them first.

Subtle improvements to notifications bar. Most important, no performance hit compared to Android 6, even on my 2 year old phone. It actually feels a bit snappier.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Hmm... Booted up my old MotoX but nothing there. I'll try manually since the file is out there. No real reason to, although in theory my wife will get a micro sim card from AT&T one of these days and we will retire her old iphone 4
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I'm on Verizon, but I bought my MotoX Pures unlocked from Amazon so I ASSUME it's Motorola that pushed out the update.

All three phones got it the same day.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Unlocked phone from Best Buy, left it powered on all day, checked manually, nada. Moto X pure 2015 right?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yup. Maybe the update IS from the carrier - even on an unlocked phone? I assume you don't have Verizon?

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Correct. Normally AT&T but do not have a SIM in the phone right now.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It's my understanding that unlocked phones get updates from the manufacturer (one of the reasons I buy unlocked phones). Could be they're just rolling them out in stages and just haven't gotten to yours.

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

A bit off topic but Whats the best value for the largest tablet out there? All it need to do is run a browser. I plan to use it to run a high score board in my game room. I am not familiar with tablets at all. I thought of just buying a large touch screen but can't find any near me with a decent price and a tablet seem like a better all in one solution.

https://iscored.info/
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Amazon 10" tablet is usually on sale for 100 bucks.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Ok that's cheap for a new one. Was gonna check around at pawn shops but for 100 new that's a good deal. Thanks.