Google releases its Android file storage manager to all

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Google releases its Android file storage manager to all

Post by FlyingPenguin »

To little too late for me. I bought the Pro version of ES File Explorer a long time ago.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/05/goo ... e-manager/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Re: Google releases its Android file storage manager to all

Post by normalicy »

I've always been baffled that this isn't part of their OS. ES is nice, but getting a bit bloated lately.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Thats why I bought pro. Gets rid of all the in app advertising. The free one was getting rediculous.

Also, I don't like their launch page on newer versions, but if you go through settings you can have it start in any folder. I like how I van browse network shares on it.

I am using an older version of ES with less bloat. I back up all my .apk files monthly and archive them so I can roll back to older versions when they introduce crap in an app I don't like. I always backup the apks before updating apps, and I update manually.

I'd try the google one but I bet you can't easily opt out of thevcloud sync crap. And I'm used to ES.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

normalicy

Post by normalicy »

Yeah, even without the advertising, it has become just too much. I liked it better as a file browser (as it was about 2 years ago).
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

The google app is nice for people that arent techie. it does a ton for you. That said, I just use Total Commander.