Firefox on Android

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Firefox on Android

Post by Genom »

With Google getting punchy with Chrome and looking to block ad blockers, even though it minimally affects me, I am looking at Firefox. Love the low memory footprint, but the Android app has an issue. Half the time text that looks fine in chrome is tiny, and I cannot find a way to increase it's zoom level. Anybody have any extension or add on that can handle that or know the app setting location for it?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Firefox on Android

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I've been using Firefox on Android for years. I use uBlock Origin with it for Ad Blocking.

Make sure you in the Firefox settings, under Accessibility, you enable "Always enable zoom". This allows you to zoom pages with a finger pinch that normally don't support it.

Under Accessibility I also enable the "Use system font size" setting and I have my system font set to Largest. May or may not help for you depending on your screen size. I have a Pixel 2 XL and lots of real estate and love the larger system font.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: Firefox on Android

Post by Genom »

That did it. Thanks Bob!