thinking about phone carriers and making a change again .

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

thinking about phone carriers and making a change again .

Post by reno »

wifes phone costing us like $75.00 per month on sprint. this price seems high to me with tax . -now its time to convince her to change carriers. not going to be Spectrum for sure. even do there price seems fine -the limits to there service on international call put them off the list .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: thinking about phone carriers and making a change again .

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Aren't you both on one account with the same carrier? You'd save money. Been happy with Verizon. They probably have the best coverage in Florida. For two phones sharing one 5GB data plan, you're talking around $100 after taxes I think. Verizon let's you also roll over data from the previous month.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

we were both on sprint till about 1 year ago. then I needed a new phone and went to them . they would not deal . even do I was off contract having keep my old phone beyond the last contract . they Sprint would only give me the advertised deal price. unless i'd change to a total difference phone no. on the next plan. so i got pissed off and changed to spectrum. wife still owed on her apple phone . was still having till now to go on that contract.
thing was i did ask if the spectrum contract covered mexico and canada was told yes .but was not told it only covered out going while here in the states. I Didn't read the fine print when doing my searching online. I do know now and finding sprint and some other phone providers phones are locked to there system and even changing the sim cards wont help to unlock them . so your screwed when changing carriers unless you buy though a private cell phone company that list it as being truly unlocked.

anyway this why were on 2 separate plans and carriers . also with this covid BS it don't matter about my cell limited coverage . were not going any place for a while at least . :(
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

We have both our phones with T-Mobile and get unlimited everything for exactly $100 even.
------------------------------------------

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm on Verizon and I never have thought about changing. The coverage they have is simply the best, but they do cost more. I have 4 phones on my plan: me, wife, young oops daughter, and father-in-law - $200.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I'd you change, you'll likely have to get new phones depending on the carrier. Verizon uses GSM. If your phones are unlocked, I think they will work on sprint or US Cellular. AT&T uses CDMA as does T Mobile.

It's worth looking into. You may even get a better deal if you call and threaten to quit.