Sprint brand is officially retired

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Sprint brand is officially retired

Post by reno »

Sprint was a storied American brand, but it is no longer. T-Mobile, which closed its $30 billion merger with the wireless carrier in April, officially retired the Sprint brand Monday.

"I want to acknowledge the Sprint history and its 120-year legacy that is now part of our legacy as we launch into this new era," said T-Mobile CEO Mike Sievert in a statement, adding, "We did it! Another historic day for new T-Mobile!"

The long-awaited merger means the end of Sprint's long corporate history, but it also puts a capstone on several bruising decades of failed bets and teetering on the brink of bankruptcy.
https://www.wnem.com/news/us_world_news ... ttP_Lc1Ffs

so now this brings to question .what will happen to all these people still using .there Sprint phone on its old CDMA network.
then there the question will T -mobile offer these clients new phones and extend there contracts for those who were caught in the middle of this merger off guard .not everyone im sure was aware there sprint phone wouldn't work if T-mobile turned off the equipment sprint used .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Sprint brand is officially retired

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It makes no sense to shutdown all the CDMA towers they just bought along with the deal, so they'll probably support them for a few more years and then offer T-Mobile phones to anyone who needs a new phone. Maybe even offer a discount for people who want to upgrade early.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Sprint brand is officially retired

Post by Losbot »

I've had T-Mobile for a long time now (13 yrs) and one thing I do love about them is their customer service. I can't see them screwing over all the old Sprint customers. They've always been super accommodating.
------------------------------------------