Android Debug Bridge

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Executioner
Life Member

Android Debug Bridge

Post by Executioner »

Android Debug Bridge or ADB, is a tool to remove bloatware from your phone: https://technastic.com/remove-samsung-b ... move-apps/

Anyone ever try this? As I'm looking at updates for my phone, several reviewers of updated apps mention this tool to remove it. A good one is Facebook. It was the first app I deleted when I got my phone, but it's still there on my phone in the background. I have no use for FB on my phone. I do have it on my PC, but I use Firefox with the Facebook Container app.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Android Debug Bridge

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Nope. I have stuck to Pixel phones the last 6 years for that reason. Google doesn't allow bloatware to be installed by the carrier.

That said, there's some preinstalled Google apps that can't be easily uninstalled that I have no use for, and what I do is just disable them. If it's not running, that's all I care about.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yeah my next phone will be a Google. Samsung keeps adding worthless apps that I have no use for. Bummer because I really like the phone. I've had my Samsung S9 about 2-3 years now on Verizon, and even Verizon will install junk that I don't want. No wonder people will root their phones.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Way back, Samsung used to sell a "Pure" unlocked version of their flagship phones, which ran stock Android. I really wish they still did that.

I love the hardware, but I just want stock Android on my phone. Every time I have to try to fix a problem on a friend's Samsung phone, it drives me insane that even the setting menu is completely different and it's impossible to find anything.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "