Samsung S20 Note Ultra

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
Err
Life Member

Samsung S20 Note Ultra

Post by Err »

I decided to buy a phone that still had external storage while I can. Also my S9+ internal memory was getting so I had to watch which apps I had installed. The AT&T up the road had one so I grabbed it. It's not much different from the S9 as far as appearance. The stylus is nice and made setting up the phone much easier. The only issue I had so far was YouTube and Twitch buffering issues while on WiFi. Luckily Reddit had the answer that seems to have fixed the issue. Under WiFi Settings, change MAC address type from Randomized to Phone. UPDATE: I think this was only part of the issue. For some reason, My Note doesn't like streaming on my second 5 GHz connection. It seems to work fine on the other 5 GHz.

I hate the camera bump and am waiting for a case to arrive so I can lay the phone flat. I had to buy a USB-C to 3.5 mm from AT&T. I have another on the way with the case. 1 at home and 1 at work should be enough. I think they should've been included with the phone though.
Last edited by Err on Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: Samsung S20 Note Ultra

Post by Executioner »

I'm with Verizon on my Samsung S9. I like the phone but Samsung keeps loading the phone with bloatware that I have no use for. I'm probably going to go with a Pixel for my next phone. I'm having an issue on occasion with my sim card holder that not only holds the sim card but my 32g external storage. There have been a few times it's not recognized by the phone. I've taken it out already a few times and reinsert it. I also blew it out and it's been working ok since then, but if it keeps loosing the external storage card, I just may get a new phone.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Have you tried a different microSD card? You may want to try cleaning the contacts on the card with CRT contact cleaner.

My friend just bought a Pixel 5a from Google to use on Verizon. I'll try to remember to report back if he likes it or not. You will be giving up external storage with the Pixel but it does have 128 GB internal.

https://store.google.com/us/product/pix ... g?hl=en-US

If you can wait for the Pixel 6, it's rumored to have 1268, 256, & 512 GB variants: https://www.tomsguide.com/news/google-p ... %20rows%20

https://store.google.com/us/magazine/go ... 6?hl=en-US
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm in no hurry as the phone still works. Yeah I may pick up another micro card. This one was used on my Samsung S5 years ago and I just moved it over to the S9.