The day has finally arrived...

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
psypher
Golden Member

The day has finally arrived...

Post by psypher »

I've done it. I ordered an...iPhone :(

Got my son one earlier this year so had a chance to check it out, used it for a bit, verified that all the apps I needed ran on it. I'm done with Android. Google has been one let down after another. Current Pixel 3XL (<1 year old new replacement) now over heats occasionally and won't turn on until it cools off. The Google app, which runs almost everything on the home screen, crashes all the time. I have to go through Settings -> Apps and then force stop and start it. That now makes 3-4 pixels that have all failed shortly after a year. I don't get it wet, I don't drop it, in fact I've NEVER had to replace a screen.

Should be here end of next week.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: The day has finally arrived...

Post by reno »

i have to say my wife love her I=Phone and her iPad's she love the Facetime time app. she keeps in touch whit most her friends, family and are daughter .she able to video chat with them all on all 3 of the apple devices and at the same time if she decides to. she had not one glitch with her apple phone she got im thinking about 6-8 months ago . even her 6 year old Ipad still running fine.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Screw that, I'm getting the new Pixel 6. I love what I'm seeing and now they've gone the route of producing their own CPU for it, which is allowing them to do lots of things they couldn't before. The list of features with the new Pixel 6 is wild. Looking forward to it now that they officially announced it and shipping real soon.

------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah, Pixel 6 is on my radar to replace my old Pixel 2 XL, although that bad boy is still going strong.

Sorry, can't every see being part of Apple's walled garden. Did that for a while with my iPod Touch.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

So are you getting the Pixel 6 Pro?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Me? Yeah. Bigger the better.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'd love the Pixel 6 Pro but I'm not a fan of super large phones. I prefer a phone I can drop into the center console.
------------------------------------------