Samsung - is it just me ?

Laptops, Notebooks, PDA's, MP3 Players, Cell Phones
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Samsung - is it just me ?

Post by reno »

Im thinking Samsung maybe getting into trouble . I see them offering all kinds of deals on there FOLD Phones . im thinking they may of over built (invested into this concept ) even though the had a major disaster on there first release of the phones . they had to recall them do to screens problems . im only guessing the general public still remembers and staying clear of this idea for a new phone .
we come a long way from the old days of the flip phones . these newer phone are big blocks in your hands but we all like a screen we can see so its a tuff sell to give both a smaller phone and easy to read screen.
Executioner
Life Member

Re: Samsung - is it just me ?

Post by Executioner »

I still do a lot of stuff on my laptop. Yeah I have a Samsung s9 that works fine, but for link that are sent to me, I still prefer to see it on my laptop. This means that I rarely use my phone's browers: Chrome, Brave, FireFox, and Samsung.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Samsung - is it just me ?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I will never, EVER, own a Samsung phone (I do own one of their tablets I keep in the car hooked up to a lighter charger in the back seat for casual browsing on the road). Love the hardware, but I hate their customized version of the Android UI. Every time I have to fix something on someone's Samsung phone, it drives me crazy. You can't find anything in the settings because they put it in a completely different place than stock Android, and their baked in apps are Meh.

It's a pity they don't offer 'Pure' versions of their phones anymore (those were the same hardware, but with stock Android).

That's why I've stuck with Pixel phones the past decade.

That said, I don't think Samsung is going anywhere. They still have the largest market share of the cell phone market worldwide. It remains to be seen if these foldable phones work out in the long run. In theory it's a great idea, but in practice that spine gets a lot of wear and tear.

Only phone browser that I really like is Firefox, and I do use that a lot, but anything serious is still better done in a Windows browser.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "