Rudy Guliani Holds News Conference Outside Drab Landscaping Firm, Next to Adult Bookstore

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Giuliani says Powell no longer part of Trump’s legal team after election fraud claims

Post by FlyingPenguin »

When your crackpot theories are too much for even Rudy Guliani. I'm guessing there were words? Probably along the lines of "My crackpot theory is better than yours."
“Sidney Powell is practicing law on her own,” said Trump’s personal attorney Rudy Giuliani and another lawyer for Trump, Jenna Ellis, in a statement. “She is not a member of the Trump Legal Team. She is also not a lawyer for the President in his personal capacity.”
Giuliani says Powell no longer part of Trump’s legal team after election fraud claims
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/live-u ... 11-23-2020
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Rudy Guliani Holds News Conference Outside Drab Landscaping Firm, Next to Adult Bookstore

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And now you've got Trump fanatics in Georgia, convinced by all this nonsense, that are planning to boycott the senate runoff elections because 'they know they're rigged' because Trump says so.

Hope Mitch McConnell is feeling good about the deal he's made with the devil. If the GOP loses the senate, it'll be because of Trump, because it's ALL about Trump, not the party, not what's good for the country.

I frankly don't mind if the GOP holds the senate the first 2 years. It will be such a closely divided senate, with swing moderates in play, that there might actually be some bipartisan deals done. It also gives Biden a legit way to blow off the far left "Hey, can't do that, Mitch is blocking me."

That gives everyone a chance to reset for the midterms, and see where we go from there.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Key Keeper

Re: Rudy Guliani Holds News Conference Outside Drab Landscaping Firm, Next to Adult Bookstore

Post by Key Keeper »

Didn't know MSM was the court and jury. Isn't evidence presented in court? not in public...these judges dropping the hammer, wouldn't look at any evidence if it was thrown in their laps regardless, they are bought and paid for. Not that Powell has much of anything in her purse of tricks. Its a total shit show either way you look at it. Anyone who says MSM is not biased to the radial left, is just plain stupid, or they just dont care about actual facts anymore. Either one is just as dangerous when they are allowed to vote.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Trump attorneys haven't presented anything in court that a Judge will take seriously. So when are they going to produce this smoking gun? Jan 20th? This just looks like a stalling tactic because no one has the balls to tell the emperor he has no clothes on.

Yes, MSM is biased to the left to varying degrees. Foxnews, the National Review, and Wall Street Journal are staunchly conservative and biased towards Trump, and they're not seeing any end game for Trump either.

And he doesn't have to concede, but if he gives a crap at all about the country, then why not allow the transition process? That's the norm, even in previous contested elections. Unless of course it's all about spite.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Key Keeper wrote:Didn't know MSM was the court and jury. Isn't evidence presented in court? not in public...these judges dropping the hammer, wouldn't look at any evidence if it was thrown in their laps regardless, they are bought and paid for.
Wait what? They have no evidence. Every time they were given their chance to present evidence, they had none. Hearsay or what you feel or think is NOT evidence contrary to whatever you've been lead to believe. If it was, Carole Baskin would be in jail right now.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And those waiting for some kind of Hail Mary at the Supreme Court, it doesn't work that way. Usually when a case is visited by SCOTUS, it's to examine a lower court decision. SCOTUS is loath to overturn a lower federal court without very good reason. SCOTUS is going to look at these weak cases and probably not even bother with them.

If Rudy has the evidence, he needs to introduce it NOW, before it gets to SCOTUS, so that it even gets considered by them. There's no Perry Mason (or cousin Vinnie) tactic in play here.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

GSA chief informs President-elect Biden that formal transition process can begin

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I give Trump grudging respect for allowing this poor woman off the hook... FINALLY. Keep in mind that as director of the GSA, normally all she does is manage the department that orders desks and office equipment for the government. She's been put in a terrible position.

I know she's claiming that she was never under any pressure from the administration, but you can believe as much of that as you like.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gsa-ch ... -resources

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Limbaugh: Trump legal team better produce something fast

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Rush Limbaugh, of all people, is saying it's past time to put up or shut up.

https://thehill.com/homenews/527238-lim ... thing-fast

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Fox's Laura Ingraham says Biden will be inaugurated: 'This constitutes living in reality'

Post by FlyingPenguin »

https://thehill.com/homenews/media/5273 ... in-reality
“Unless the legal situation changes in a dramatic and frankly an unlikely manner, Joe Biden will be inaugurated on Jan. 20,” Ingraham said during a Monday night episode of “The Ingraham Angle.”

“To say this constitutes living in reality, and if I offered you a false reality, if I told you that there was an excellent, phenomenal chance that the Supreme Court was going to step in and deliver a victory for President Trump, I’d be lying to you.”

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Trump campaign loses appeal over Pennsylvania race

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Aaaand the appeal in Pennsylvania failed. All three judges ruled the claims have no merit.

All three judges Republicans. One a Trump appointee. I suppose Trump will start tweeting he's a traitor. Ah well, guess you can't buy a federal judge.
Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy,” Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote in the 21-page opinion, according to the AP. “Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Trump campaign loses appeal over Pennsylvania race

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Aaaand the appeal in Pennsylvania failed. All three judges ruled the claims have no merit.

All three judges Republicans. One a Trump appointee. I suppose Trump will start tweeting he's a traitor. Ah well, guess you can't buy a federal judge.
Free, fair elections are the lifeblood of our democracy,” Judge Stephanos Bibas, a Trump appointee, wrote in the 21-page opinion, according to the AP. “Charges of unfairness are serious. But calling an election unfair does not make it so. Charges require specific allegations and then proof. We have neither here.”
That might end up being pointless in PA:
https://www.newsmax.com/politics/mastri ... id/999060/

"A member of the Pennsylvania Senate said he has spoken to the leadership in both houses of the state’s General Assembly about exercising its authority to appoint electors to the Electoral College because of ''so much evidence of shenanigans and fraud'' in the presidential election."

GOP controls both Houses in GA. Grab your popcorn.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You'd have 6.5 million disenfranchised voters (now that WOULD be wide spread vote rigging), with all the courts agreeing there's no evidence of wide spread fraud. I doubt the entire GOP members of the legislature are willing to stick their necks out for that, considering there likely would be a lawsuit that would be bumped up to the Supreme Court.

Nor would flipping PA alone change anything.

But yea, I do have a lot of popcorn :D

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

What I recalled reading was that they were going to allow a ton of ballots that came in too late as well as signatures not being verified. You have to dump the ones that didn't make it by the deadline and you definitely have to check every signature on those mail-in ballots. I don't know just how much fraud there was but there's just too many problems this election. The states needs to sort this crap out. They're all looking like the FL of 2000.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you appoint electors counter to the state's electoral vote, you are overriding the vote, not excluding any individual ballots.

And BTW, keep in mind, GOP winners in legislature and congress who just won, and may not be so keen to cast doubts on the election. If there was "massive" fraud, then nothing should count.

Florida was 500 votes, so weak comparison. There was a potential swing there.

Massive fraud? No one, despite the yammering, has provided any evidence. ANY.

You do understand each individual county counts it's own votes? You would need hundreds of people in on this in one state. Thousands across multiple states.

The whole Dominion thing is nonsense. It's basically a secure email for sending the results to the state election board from each county. If there was a mismatch, that would be caught during certification because each county knows their numbers and if they don't match what the state has then that would trigger an investigation.

Here's a vote map comparing 2016 to 2020. Where's the "massive" fraud? Biden gained in cities, Trump gained a bit in rural areas, but not enough to offset. Otherwise they look almost the same.

AAAAAND the punchline. If there was a massive fraud perpetrated, then why not swing the Senate vote too? Heck if you can just flip votes on demand...

These GOP clowns all want to stay on Trump's good side because they don't want to piss him off and get on his Twitter shit list, and then have the Trump Death Star laser beam of angry followers pointed at them. So they either cower and stay silent, or do the "I support Trump" dance. In the end nothing changes.

Meanwhile Trump's already sabotaged his own party's senate runoff elections in Georgia with his "voter fraud" whining and now he's desperately begging people to go vote in the runoff. Funny thing is, this conspiracy theory is out of his control now, like the QAnon thing.

Doesn't matter, all he cares about is that he has a way to go through the next four years as not looking like a "loser". So he'll continue whining about "massive fraud".

More popcorn on order from Amazon. :)

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Sounds like Russian collusion to me.