States bent on collecting tax on Internet purchases

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
sbp

States bent on collecting tax on Internet purchases

Post by sbp »

States get bent! Image

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/bu ... 097370.htm
Remember all those gifts you bought online during the holidays? Now it's time to pay sales tax on them, at least so say the income tax forms of 20 states.

The latest to outstretch that revenue-seeking hand are New York and California, which this year added a line requiring taxpayers to declare any tax they owe on out-of-state purchases.
Its sickening state government are so full of greedy little porkers who are working so hard to take more of folks hard earned money.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

all i have to say is proove it! they cant tell where i bought shit from... let them put that in the pipe and smoke it.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

Dont get me wrong I hate to lose the savings I have enjoyed from not paying tax on things I have bought over the net. However dont you kinda think the states are just trying to get back what they already had and lost when people started buying things over the net?
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

I say we just quit using US currency all together... then they cant tax us on crap.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
sbp

What lost revenue?

Post by sbp »

Originally posted by dadx2mj
Dont get me wrong I hate to lose the savings I have enjoyed from not paying tax on things I have bought over the net. However dont you kinda think the states are just trying to get back what they already had and lost when people started buying things over the net?
The states didn't lose this money since it wasn't theirs to begin with. They're just not collecting that much in more B.S. taxes.

Constitutionally, states cannot tax interstate commerce (not that they don't try). Image