Just saw this on CNN while flippin channels

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Pugsley

Just saw this on CNN while flippin channels

Post by Pugsley »

They were talking about security and 9-11 and all that jazz... any way the guy was in the middle of a yard (train) talking about RR security. Simply put it doesent exist any more then it used to. You have railroad dicks floating around but as a kid it was so easy to get around them. Not to mention what could be done.

But there is no way in hell to make them safe. A prime example of this would be LPG tank cars or "A-bombs" as they have been know to be. If one of them goes up it will level several blocks and cause dammage several miles out. It would be so easy to shoot one wiht a .50 cal rifle (which are leagle to own) or to make a IED with magnets on it and toss it at a moving train.

The news people can be so stupid. if sombody really wanted to they can go derail trains like its noting... switch them to the wrong tracks if they are smart... uncuple them on hills and let them roll out of controll... or hell even hijack them flat out. And this is just freight (which i would think would be more of a target then passenger) trains were talking about.

So short of putting all tracks in tunnels or underground or trains moving at the speed of light i dont see how the hell they are going to secure them short of ever 3 cars being a caboose wiht armed gaurds on all 4 corners of it watching for shit. And we know thats not gonna happen.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
rndmtask

Post by rndmtask »

Now your on the FBI's watch list. You had better shut up.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

oh so what. not like im actually gonna do any of that crap... im just saying... and i dont even nor have i ever worked for a rail road... im just saying nothings really safe if the terrorist are smart.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
CaterpillarAssassin
Almighty Member

Post by CaterpillarAssassin »

Originally posted by Pugsley
oh so what. not like im actually gonna do any of that crap... im just saying... and i dont even nor have i ever worked for a rail road... im just saying nothings really safe if the terrorist are smart.

which is why instead of securing everything and wasting alll our money we should try and improve our image a little bit so as to defer terror attacks before they are attempted.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

You see what that dumbass did to that train in LA? something as simple as leaving a SUV on the tracks can do that much dammage... what if they tryed to do shit? it would be way too easy. And thanks to 9-11 all tank cars are now labled as to whats in them. Look on the right end of the car as it goes past and it should be stenceled whats in it.