DeLay angered by 'Law & Order' mention

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

DeLay angered by 'Law & Order' mention

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Seriously, Leno's making fun of him almost every night and I don't see him picking on Leno. If you can't handle a little bit of public ribbing, you shouldn't be in politics.

To give George W. Bush his due (and you all know I'm not GW fan) he takes a fair amount of public ribbing without acting like a cry baby about it.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/05/27/ ... index.html
WASHINGTON (CNN) -- House Majority Leader Tom DeLay reacted angrily Thursday to this week's episode of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" for what he called a "manipulation of my name" in the show...

...The controversy centers around Wednesday's episode in which a police officer investigating a murder of a federal judge suggested putting out an all points bulletin for "somebody in a Tom DeLay T-shirt."
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Well that's just the kind of a__wipe Tom is. During the Schiavo case he's in an uprooar over "activist judges." Then after doing his best to stir up resentment against the Judiciary, his next crusade is over providing adequate protection to judges after the judge's family gets killed in Chicago.

Now his nose is out of joint over "Law and Order." Of course, he's just trying to deflect attention from his serious ethical problems over taking trips paid for by lobbyists.

Gee, Tom if you are a public figure and draw attention to yourself in every way possible, maybe you aren't going to like ALL the attention you get...

Tis true, W would have the sense to not say word one or make a joke. And the First Lady actually has a great sense of humor about these things.