Teaching Math

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Executioner
Life Member

Teaching Math

Post by Executioner »

Is this the truth or what???

Last week I purchased a burger at Burger King for $4.58. The counter girl took my $5 and I was digging for my change when I pulled 8 cents from my pocket and gave it to her. She stood there, holding the nickel and 3 pennies, while looking at the screen on her register.

I sensed her discomfort and tried to tell her to just give me two quarters, but she called for the manager for help. While he tried to explain the transaction to her, she stood there and cried.

Why do I tell you this? Please read more about the "history of teaching math":

Teaching Math In 1950

************************ A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1960

************************ A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is 4/5 of the price, or $80. What is his profit?

Teaching Math In 1970

************************ A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80. Did he make a profit?

Teaching Math In 1980

*********************** A logger sells a truckload of lumber for $100. His cost of production is $80 and his profit is $20. Your assignment: Underline the number 20.

Teaching Math In 1990

************************ By cutting down beautiful forest trees, the logger makes $20. What do you think of this way of making a living? Topic for class participation after answering the question: How did the forest birds and squirrels feel as the logger cut down the trees? (There are no wrong answers . )

Teaching Math In 2005

El hachero vende un camion carga por $100. La cuesta de production es.............
eGoCeNTRoNiX

Post by eGoCeNTRoNiX »

jajajaja
PM before Email People!!
Heat Under eGoCeNTRoNiX :)
Who Farted? BEANIE!!!
!Welcome to the United States of the Offended!
darcy

Post by darcy »

scarey, ain't it?
Briquette, 1992 - 2008 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

Lily, 1995 - 2009 ~ < Forever In Our Hearts >

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched.
They must be felt with the heart. ~ Helen Keller.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I remember when I used to work retail back in the 60's and 70's with those old registers when you had to move the levers around and you had to figure out and add the tax yourself etc. - unless you memorized that stuff you had a long line of unhappy people....
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>