"We did not know the levees could be breeched"

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
UberNeuman
Golden Member

"We did not know the levees could be breeched"

Post by UberNeuman »

Sorry, George - you were in the meeting about Katrina before it hit.

How many questions did the President ask during the meeting? Ten questions? Maybe three questions - maybe one? Nope. None. The President had no questions to ask about a hurricane to hit the coast of the U.S.

I guess his mind was too busy thinking about more important matters...

"When the going gets weird,
the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

tbh the government did tell lousiana to make preperations cuz the army core was not gonna be taking care of it anymore

in 1994 a report was made about a hurricane breaking levee's and how much flooding their would be
the word used was devistating
death count 1 million
guess who did nothing! lousiana was having too much fun to be worried about dying

afaic the government needs to stop bailing out idiotic states from their failures and do what it was supposed to do
protect us militarily and provide interstate regulation and nothing more
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>
MK888

Post by MK888 »

It all boils down to money. If they had done everything they should have, and nothing happened, then what? I think they took a gamble and lost. The $hitty thing is, they are gambling with peoples lives.

What really sucks is that noone has the balls to step up and take some blame. The truth is everyone screwed up, from the local govt all the way up to the pres.

Seems like the only success story out of the whole situation, is everyone successfully blamed someone else.
Behold The Power Of Cheese!!!!

My DVD Collection
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Yep, no one has the balls to take the blame, but look what happened in North Dakota:

North Dakota News

This text is from a county emergency manager out in the western part of North Dakota state after the recent snow storm.

WEATHER BULLETIN

Up here in the Northern Plains we just recovered from a Historic event --- may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" --- with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and wiinds to 90 MPH that broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded hundreds of motorists in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of communities and cut power to 10's of thousands.

FYI:

George Bush did not come

FEMA did nothing

No one howled for the government

No one blamed the government

No one even uttered an expletive on TV

Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit

Our Mayor's did not blame Bush or anyone else

Our Governor did not blame Bush or anyone else either

CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX, or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snow storm

Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards

No one asked for a FEMA trailer House

No one looted

Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something

Nobody expected the government to do anything either

No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera

No Sean Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found And nope, we just melted the snow for water

We sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars

The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask for a penny

Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snow bound families

Families took in the stranded people - total strangers

We fired up wood stoves

Broke out coal oil lanterns or coleman lanterns

We put on an extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die"

We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.

Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.

"In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about 48 degrees North Latitude, 90% most of the world's social problems evaporate."
UberNeuman
Golden Member

Post by UberNeuman »

"When the going gets weird,
the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson