Tax and Spend, Tax and Spend.....

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Lmandrake

Tax and Spend, Tax and Spend.....

Post by Lmandrake »

The federal government is currently spending 20.8 cents of every $1 the economy generates, up from 18.5 cents in 2001, White House budget documents show. That's the most rapid growth during one administration since Franklin Roosevelt.

USA Today
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I don't have a problem with it. Gotta pay for all those US Company Built boondoggles in Iraq you know - like landfills for people that don't have a clue what garbage collection is (in Iraq you pay someone to take your garbage and dump it on someone else's lawn).

Plus we need to fund all these pork-barrel freebies for the states so they can recieve Homeland Security money to be wasted on security cameras in small Alaskan towns (google CNN).

What I love is when Republicans are characterized as being for "less government". I've never seen the government so involved in our everyday lives as it is now...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

MK888

Post by MK888 »

Sadly most if not all of the "republicans" in congress are not conservatives. As far as I am concerned the difference between republican, and deomcrat is quickly becoming the color of the state they win, and that is it.
Behold The Power Of Cheese!!!!

My DVD Collection
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Originally posted by MK888
Sadly most if not all of the "republicans" in congress are not conservatives. As far as I am concerned the difference between republican, and deomcrat is quickly becoming the color of the state they win, and that is it.
Which is why I'm seriously thinking about leaving the Republican party and going Libertarian.