A Little Perspective on $87 billion...

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

A Little Perspective on $87 billion...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"A billion here, a billion there... Pretty soon it starts to add up to some real money."

http://www.crunchweb.net/87billion/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Oh, don't be such a dumbocrat. Aren't you forgetting that Saddam was a bad guy and we liberated the downtrodden.

While we are stacking things up, why don't we do limbs - 350 male limbs, 11 female limbs...

Not quite as high a pile as 87 billion, but certainly as tall and as wide as the front of your average home.
smb
Almighty Member

Post by smb »

Remeber Brewsters Millions ? He would go and grab money from the pallett and give it away.
UberNeuman
Golden Member

Post by UberNeuman »

Good Lord, I hate links like that... It's gives one such a sinking feeling when realizing that money could have been used for things that would have improved our country.....

"When the going gets weird,
the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

The Awesome Deferred

The Awesome Deferred: Reader Edition!

I think that SA has a better grasp on it.
[align=center]A self-aware artificial intelligence would suffer from a divide by zero error if it were programmed to be Amish[/align]
Lmandrake

Post by Lmandrake »

Let's put it in Republican terms - That's a little bit more than the purchase price of 16 Nimitz class aircraft carriers. Just think of the opportunities lost there:

USS Richard M. Nixon
USS Barry Goldwater
USS William Howard Taft
USS Robert A. Taft
USS Joseph McCarthy
USS Calvin Coolidge
USS Grover Cleveland
USS Warren G. Harding
USS Gerald R. Ford
etc....
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I still say we should have invaded Mexico instead of Iraq. Would have cost less, would have opened more oil fields, would have solved the illegal immigration and cheap labor issues in one shot, would have made it much easier to secure the southern border (just secure the southern tip of Mexico).

Then we'd have had money left over to buy Canada...

:D
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

theophilusmousse

Post by theophilusmousse »

But Canada is about half French...

We wouldn't have to buy it, just start moving in and they'd throw their hands up and give us the place!!

:D :P :D

Only kidding to you Kanuk types here on the forum, I love it up there.

Couldn't pass on the opportunity to poke fun though...

:D
Run, run, run, as fast as you can...
you can't catch me, I'm the Stinky Cheese Man.
TheSovereign

Post by TheSovereign »

while i agree we should have resorted to cheaper methods of fighting the war (carpet bombing, napalm strikes, things of a generally destructive nature instead of just that 1 building) i dont think u see the tactical advantage that a US base the size of chicago has in the middle east. if this war is about oil stop buying it and show your support against it, if this war is about liberating a country then be against it. if this war is to establish a foothold in the heart of the terrorism faith then im for it.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67rc96joOz8#t=0m58s">YodelRoll!</a>
<a href="http://www.halfinchbullet.com/">Goto HalfInchBullet.com!</a>