Kathy Griffin...

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Kathy Griffin...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This is all I'm going to say. While I think she went a bit too far, I fully defend her rights as a comedian to push whatever edge she wants to. She had every right to hold a simulacrum of Donald Trump's severed head in her hands, and people who found it objectionable had every right to lambast her for it. That's free speech. That's what our country was founded on.

THAT SAID. Kathy Griffin is not as edgy as she thinks she is. If you want to be edgy then EMBRACE IT. You don't apologize and then blame the Trumps for destroying your career. Instead of that wishy-washy spectacle at her press conference, she should have shown up with a mock-severed arm in her hand and said "f@ck you all!". THAT I would have respected.

You don't get to claim to be "edgy" and then whine about the back lash.

Lenny Bruce understood edgy. He didn't apologize for a damn thing he said or did, and dozens of times he walked up on stage knowing there were police detectives in the audience that would arrest him if he said anything off-color. That didn't stop him. He was prepared to go to jail to defend his free speech rights as an entertainer, and set an example for other great off-color comedians that came after him.

Andy Kaufman understood edgy. He never apologized and pushed the edge until the edge fell over on it's face and then laughed his silly ass off at all of us when we didn't get the joke. Andy is STILL laughing at us, even from the grave.

Kathy Griffin is not edgy. She tried, but she didn't have the balls for it, so I don't really feel all that bad for her.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Executioner
Life Member

Re: Kathy Griffin...

Post by Executioner »

Yeah she is now a victim. Are we suppose to feel sorry for her? Even has a lawyer next to her sobbing news conference.
Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

Shes an idiot. This reminds me of that rodeo clown that dressed up as obummer and then the rodeo association got a call that he was to be terminated....two way street.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I don't understand what she thought the consequences would be. Did she really think CNN's advertisers would ignore this? Did she think the sponsors of her stand-up events would ignore this? She shouldn't be whining about how Trump broke her. Like FPS said, she should be saying F*** YOU!

I've never like her because she never seemed sincere. She seemed to what to shock for shocks sake to get attention but could never handle the backlash. I've seen pictures comparing what she did what people did to Obama. Both are in bad taste but those making effigies of Obama with a noose around his neck were nobodies.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I'm all for making fun of politicians and celebrities. I don't believe that holding up the severed head of our President is tasteful or smart.
I wouldn't really give a shit if it weren't for the fact that Griffin at one time had her own failing talk show on Bravo, where she scolded Elisabeth Hasselbeck by not “respecting the office of the President".
Griffin went on to call Hasselbeck a b*tch and a c*nt for just asking a firm question to the president.
I guess that only applies to a POTUS that she likes? She's a hypocrite and I agree with you Bob, she is NOT edgy and she folded so quick, that's the only part of it that's funny.
Last edited by Losbot on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
b-man1

Post by b-man1 »

Too many people confuse freedom of speech/expression with freedom from consequences.