next year Affordable Heath Care Cost

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

next year Affordable Heath Care Cost

Post by reno »

what a bitch we just received are next years rate from are heath care provider .
there saying the rate going from this per month $343.77 to this per month $520.96 no changes on the policy and we didn't use this policy for anything except a yearly physical and med's . there was only a small change this year. we didnt have any kind of major test taken. the DR. lower my dose for blood pressure med's because the rate has been better and even before I just borderline of needing to take any.
i understand cost go up. Im like WTH where do they feel these are AFFORDABLE. LAST YEAR WE WENT TO A LOWER PLAN FROM THE YEAR BEFORE. :please:

also are deductible is going up to from $5950to$7350 per person on plan.

im thinking of maybe just paying the dam fine for not having insurance. sure seems like we be better off .
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: next year Affordable Heath Care Cost

Post by FlyingPenguin »

If you drop insurance, consider just getting hospitalization insurance if you can find a good price. That's what my accountant did.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Damn!!
My insurance is around $500/mo but I only have a $500 deductible. Those numbers are insane.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Do you have an old plan, Exec? Or is it through your employer? Deductibles ARE high nowadays, and if you get your own plan outside of an employer they aren't cheap.

My deductible is also $500, but because it's a gold PPO plan it costs me almost $1500 a month (self employed, wife & I). My plan was grandfathered in - it's 18 years old. None of the newer comparable plans have a deductible under $3000, nor would I save much money switching to one, and they have less choices on doctors and hospitals.

No Obama care for me. I make too much money.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Guess what happens when you take a game that insurance company play and make them have to cover people they would not have before?
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Reno - that sucks. I'm still paying way more than I thought I would because even with me and wife on medicare, I still have 2 kids on my policy through the state. I'm paying close to $800 mo. I hate to pay it, but my wife had some heart issues a couple of years ago and the bills were over 100K.

It is a huge racket, with most of the money going to ins cos and admins, esp under medicare. Docs dont get that much after everything is "discounted" . Drug cos and hospitals make out like bandits, IMO. It is a really sad thing when greed gets so out of hand.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I'm still working, and my cost for 3: me, wife, and 21 year old daughter - $1500/month. My employer pays a good chunk of that, but jesus fvcking christ! These costs continue going up each hear at high single digits or double digits. Odumbo care really fixed things - reducing costs or at least stabilizing them. I was thinking of retiring in May of 2018 when I turn 63, but then I'm stuck with this high insurance costs. I will be getting a pension from my company, but it will go all to health insurance plus additional money out of my wallet. Might have to work until you expire.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Exec - I was lucky because as a state employee I could turn in all my unused leave to keep my insurance at the same premium as when I was working. I retired at 62.5 and It carried me to within 6 months of getting medicare. That was worth about 5x what I would have gotten if I had cashed my leave in. Right before I retired they changed the rules so that employees hired after a certain date couldn't do that.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I guess they want people to expire. Who can afford these costs? If you are making over $200k, then you may be able to afford it.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I just found out our Medical is going up $60 per pay ($1,560 year). I can save more by participating the the "Wellness" program but it's more of a pain in the but than it's worth.