Kzoo doctor detained by ICE after 40 years in US

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Kzoo doctor detained by ICE after 40 years in US

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This is EXACTLY the kind of immigrant we WANT in this country.

Idiots.

And there's a lot of stupid people out there commenting that here's here illegally. HE IS NOT. HE HAS A PERMANENT VISA.

http://woodtv.com/2018/01/20/kzoo-docto ... ars-in-us/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

wvjohn

Re: Kzoo doctor detained by ICE after 40 years in US

Post by wvjohn »

exactly. Complete and total idiocy. Deport productive people who have contributed to society because ....

O/T but as someone who worked in the court system for many years, a lot of the resistance to ICE at the state level came from the fact when ICE detainers were acted upon by the courts and people were thrown in jail, the feds just let them sit there . From what I understood then, it was really hard to get the feds to pay for the incarceration and it was a huge burden on local authorities from overcrowding and no $$. As of the time I left the system 5 years ago, courts mostly just ignored ICE detainers.
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Looks like ICE didn't care that he wasn't supposed to have a record. He has 2 convictions apparently and they're targeting those who have anything on their record.

What I don't understand is why someone like him, hasn't bothered getting US citizenship. He's been here long enough and had no plans to leave. Why not get it over with?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Takes a lot of work and time commitment, plus jumping through hoops nowadays. If you have a permanent visa, I suppose you'd probably just keep putting it off until you can get around to it.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

up in michigan there been a lot of reports on ICE detaining local's. be it that Dearborn is my neck of the woods and its heavy Arabic popalation. alot is family member come for a visit and never leave. they dont speak or learn to speak english. you can go down some main streets there and you think your in a diffrent country .there not a word on the building's in english its all in Arabic. there a whole underground community there and unless your arabic or you know the way . let me just say american not welcome :(
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Year, I've read that Dearborn is out of control and overrun with Muslims.
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Post by reno »

Dearborn is mostly of the Muslim believe . and to the north in west bloomfield,Michigan are those of Chaldean Catholics -( Detroit's Chaldeans, a sect of Christianity affiliated with the Catholic Church and particular to ethnic Assyrians from Iraq)