NRA Stands by Opposition to Raising Gun Ownership Age

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

NRA Stands by Opposition to Raising Gun Ownership Age

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Legislative proposals that prevent law-abiding adults aged 18-20 years old from acquiring rifles and shotguns effectively prohibits them for purchasing any firearm, thus depriving them of their constitutional right to self-protection," Baker said in a statement Wednesday night.
So since the legal drinking age in all 50 states is 21, is that also violating their constitutional rights to get drunk?

http://freebeacon.com/national-security ... rship-age/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: NRA Stands by Opposition to Raising Gun Ownership Age

Post by Err »

Their constitutional right to self protection? What part of regulated don't they get? I don't see them scrambling to lower the age to buy handguns.

I'm really sick of the NRA. All they are concerned about are the firearm manufacturers. I want to NRA to start putting their money where their heart is. They need to stop having conventions in arenas that prohibit firearms. They need to lobby for open carry in all government places including congress. What? A bunch of "good guys with guns" shouldn't make any legislator nervous, should they?

I don't see their membership plummeting anytime soon but I hope they have trouble getting new members and sponsors. They need replaced with an organization that is truly about firearm safety.

If the long arm age is raised, this cold be a business opportunity to open ranges where you can shoot skeet or targets and hunting trips.