How biased is your news source?

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

How biased is your news source?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Glad to see my choices stay mostly inside the green rectangle. I tend toward straight news sites - I don't really want opinion so I have no patience for pundits. Never have, and even less now in this new reality.

I listen to NPR Morning Edition. During the day I listen to Bloomberg on the TV.

I read The Hill, BBC, and the Wall Street Journal, and New York Times in addition to tech stuff.

Now I do like to watch Chris Wallace's hour show on Fox News on Sundays, but Chris is one of the few real journalists left at Fox News. He's still very conservative, but he's not drinking the Trump kool-aid and is willing to call out BS when he hears it. Chris usually has a good mix of liberals and conservatives on his panel, and he's more interested in old-skool "Chronkite" interviewing and moderation instead of being a pundit and injecting his own opinions into the conversation. The White House doesn't like him much because he's not willing to shut up and just accept a BS statement from one of their representatives. He asks hard, honest questions, like in the old days. They always seem a little shocked when they don't get the kiss-ass treatment on a Fox show.

My 2 cents: I think Huff Post belongs a bit lower on the chart, and CNN farther left IMO, but otherwise seems right.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/how-b ... 2018-02-28

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Re: How biased is your news source?

Post by Genom »

NPR, BBC and Reuters here for the most part.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Oh, and InfoWars doesn't even BELONG on the chart IMO. InfoWars makes The Weekly World news seem like a bastion of serious journalism....
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

The Onion is not shown. That's were I go for "news"
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I listen to BBC in the morning, while driving to work.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Mostly Guardian, Bloomberg Reuters and BBC for me. I will real the NYT, Financial Times (UK) if it is linked somewhere. The principal news aggregation site I read is Naked Capitalism, which has good original content.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hmm. I'll put that one on my list.

I do peruse Google news when bored, which gives you a bit of everything.

Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

I have NPR stored in my favs in car. I do however just move to another station often when it turns into a blob of liberal rubbish. Even their fact checking ALWAYS leans to the left when there is not conclusive proof either way. And the constant mantra about gun stuff. If they spent as much time talking about mental health issues, ways of improving parenting, and the like as they do on "no one needs this or that" then I would probably listen to it more often without moving on to another station. The "experts" they talk to about fact checking are known to be solid team lefty.

The big 3, Clinton News Network, NBC, Clinton Broadcast Station, and ABC, really need to be dropped to the next box and moved left considerably.

My wife watches some FOX news and I just shake my head. Its the ying to the cbs/cnn/nbc yang. I cant stand any of them as they have an agenda and its not educating the American CITIZEN....