Fox News analyst quits, calling network ‘propaganda machine’ for Trump

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Fox News analyst quits, calling network ‘propaganda machine’ for Trump

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You've got to realize that this guy is as conservative as conservative gets. He's also mostly on the Fox News opinion shows, not the hard news side, and even Fox's Shepard Smith recently said "they've got no rules over there" when describing the opinion shows. Chris Wallace has also often berated the "Fox & Friends" hosts for misrepresenting the facts.
“In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration,” Colonel Peters wrote in his message, a copy of which was obtained by The New York Times.

“Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association,” he added. “Now I am ashamed.”

“When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community . . . all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of “deep-state” machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization. . . . To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/03/20/b ... l?referer=
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Fox News analyst quits, calling network ‘propaganda machine’ for Trump

Post by Losbot »

Problem is that too many people listen to these opinion shows and accept them as fact. SMH
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Agreed, and on both sides of the political spectrum.

Rachel Maddow on CNN is just about as bad. Drives me nuts that my wife watches her.

I stick to pure unopinionated news.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Agreed, and on both sides of the political spectrum.
Rachel Maddow on CNN is just about as bad. Drives me nuts that my wife watches her.
I stick to pure unopinionated news.
I can't stomach Rachel Maddow. I find her annoying as hell. Both side have equally annoying people. Rush annoys the shit out of me too. I honestly enjoyed watching Trump win, just to watch how Maddow became unraveled completely throughout the evening as he won more states. She lost her freaking mind and it was entertaining to watch. LOL There's a YouTue video of her, showing segments throughout the day, as she's all "Hillary's got this" at first to OMFG, what happened? The polls said she'd win for sure. All day with those stupid poll results that were all wrong. LOL