The Hill: Trump incorrectly claims military pay hasn't gone up for 10 years

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

The Hill: Trump incorrectly claims military pay hasn't gone up for 10 years

Post by FlyingPenguin »

See this is what annoys me about Trump. It's the little - and unnecessary - lies, or to be generous, exaggerations. And this is a particularly egregious one - and The Hill is calling him out on it, and The Hill is a conservative news outlet.

Trump is claiming that soldiers haven't gotten a pay raise in 10 years, and that's just total bullshit. But we're getting to the point where it's becoming tedious to call him out on bullshit, and his base just takes anything he says as God's own truth.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/38699 ... r-10-years
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Key Keeper

Re: The Hill: Trump incorrectly claims military pay hasn't gone up for 10 years

Post by Key Keeper »

"A 2.6 percent jump would be the highest increase in nine years, though military personnel have received at least a 1 percent pay raise every year for the past decade, according to Defense Department figures."

Whats the inflation rate per year?
Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

1% is crap. I feel for our military.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

AAAAAND that's not the point of my post. My point is that Trump always distorts things. It may have been crap increase, but it wasn't zero for 10 years as Trump implied. But Trump will just say "oh you took me literally".

It's no one big thing, but a thousand little things like that and it's annoying. The Steve Jobs reality distortion pales to insignificance compared to Trump's.

He deserves accolades for freeing the 3 guys held by North Korea, and then falsely claims that they were all captured on Obama's watch (2 of them were captured last year on his watch). WHY EVEN SAY THAT? You just did something great, we're impressed, why distort the facts?
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I know the point of your post but I think it's safe to say we all knew that already and that he needs to have his phone taken away from him. If he'd stop tweeting crap all day, we'd all be happier.
I'm tired of his tweets. I was just talking to someone about that today, that sometimes he does get it right but every 1 tweet that's correct, is overshadowed by the other 50 that are shit.
His tweets should go through a moderator. LOL
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well the interesting thing is he has a "social media director" who does have access to his account. They were talking about that on a news program the other day. Whenever it's a measured, carefully worded tweet, released during business hours, it's certainly his social director.

The off the wall crazy sh!t at 3 am ranting about something on Fox News is usually him.

He constantly steps on his own good news. Like last week with Rudy Guilliani. Somehow Trump and Rudy think that was a great stuff, but it just distracted everyone from the real positive achievements of his administration last week.

He also needs to stop hyping this upcoming summit with North Korea's leader, like it's some kind of slam dunk. Two bullshit artists meeting face to face. May not go anywhere near the direction Trump hopes it will.

Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

I knew the point, and agree he should shut his pie hole more often. he might actually gain some support from the left if he would just stop bringing up obama stuff non stop like "hey look at what I did, Obama didnt" crap. I dont give a rats a$$ if Obummer screwed something up like ACA, just fix it and show me the results. I want the egg to fry, not a story about how the chicken crossed the road.

One credit though, he is trying to do exactly what he promised during his campaign. Short of nixing ACA, and the wall, hes on a roll and not sure if its balls or just sheer lack of concern for voter confidence with his dumb ass rants, hes actually getting a few things moving. Shame he has to look and act like a child to do so though.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

That's what I keep telling my outraged liberal friends. I may not agree with half his policy decisions, BUT he IS doing EXACTLY what he promised to.

He just keeps shooting himself in the foot. Whenever he has some positive accomplishment that his staff is carefully trying to get out there to the media, he (or one of his cronies) has to create some big deal about something else entirely and draw attention to that. Then he has the gall to complain that the "fake news" isn't reporting on his accomplishments.

Key Keeper

Post by Key Keeper »

He needs to learn from the past "quiet" presidents but actually work towards his promises. We can all see by action, not buy his constant boasting. Now with that said, Obummer did use "I' did...." in his speeches a lot, just said it with less goofy smoochy lips LOL. Trump looks like an asshat with all those silly faces. Almost like a giggling version of Jabba the hutt...

Its refreshing to have a sitting pres that stands up to the bully type dickheads of the world, but it could be done with a lot less boasting and completely retarded ass tweets. Now the whole standing off with Puttin...I have feeling he wont go down like fatman in Korea...