Every once in a while democracy shows promise

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
wvjohn

Every once in a while democracy shows promise

Post by wvjohn »

Don Blankenship is a WV coal operator. He just got out of jail for mine safety violations at one of his mines where numerous miners died. First thing he does is register to run in the Republican Primary for the senate seat currently held by Joe Manchin - who is basically a blue-dog democrat.

I didn't follow his campaign but apparently it was reported he made racist statements on top of claiming he was a coal operator who was "treated unfairly" as part of the war on coal. Even Trump told people not to vote for him.

He got 3rd place in the primary.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Every once in a while democracy shows promise

Post by FlyingPenguin »

He was trying to be "Trumpier" than Trump. Pretty bald face racist statements. Thank God he wasn't elected.

This is my greatest fear. Idiots see being a pompous, insulting, racist works for Trump, so why not for them? Next few years will be interesting. Hopefully there's a back-lash.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "