Family political BS. has to stop

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Family political BS. has to stop

Post by reno »

any other here so sick of it all . im not right or left - but I'm so tired of family members ,friends posting and texting there veiw's . The wife and I have had to block some family and friends on social media sites .
it gotten so bad were not even looking forward to returning back to michigan this year and doing family functions .
any others feel the same way ?

my feeling is have your political veiw's but keep them to yourself .
Err
Life Member

Re: Family political BS. has to stop

Post by Err »

I'm sick of it as well. I especially hate the raciest and fake news memes that float about on social media. I've unfollowed several family members because the bs was becoming constant in my feed. I use social media to know when a band I like is releasing a new album or to keep tabs on a game release. I don't wish to see memes stating: that you you were hit as a child so it's okay to do it now, you hate anyone of color, think Trump is god-ordained, etc.. It does no good to report the posts either because as long as the pages are generating ad revenue, Facebook doesn't care.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

This is why I love not being a part of "social Media". Don't have to deal with all the BS from "normies". I miss the old interned where you had to be smart to use it.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Absolutely. I basically quit following American politics a while back. I do Brexit for my current events. Found a really good blog with adults on it.

I rarely talk to anyone in my family so it's not a big issue.

My wife and I have an agreement not to discuss politics without the disclaimer "I saw something about xyz" and the other person has the option to say "later". WE rarely even discuss it b/c it is so depressing.

I use facebook to keep up with certain friends and my kids. Facebook purity is your best friend, you can set up a filter list of words like "Tr*mp" and never see posts containing that word.

There were a couple of alt/news blogs which I found interesting, but everything there BTL (below the line comments) turned into Jews, Obama and his monkeys gonna take your guns, blah blah. Don't need that BS . When I talk to my neighbors or people in town, I keep it simple. "The price or lumber has gone up again" - "Yep those tariffs on canadiam wood are expensive aren't they"

My wife has unfriended a lot of people who were just acquaintances because they kept pushing all the alt right meme stuff.

Bottom line on US politics for me right noiw is we have two versions of the banker/wall street/ war party. Version 1 uses immigration as a strawman for all the dysfuntion Version 2 centers on gay rights, etc. Both are completely elitist and don't give a rats ass about regular people, as long as they stay in power and get rich.