Trump chooses Putin over his own intelligence agencies...

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Trump chooses Putin over his own intelligence agencies...

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ok, if any of you are Trump supporters, please tell me how you can be after this. He essentially sucked Putin's penis live on TV.

I respect that you may be happy there's a Republican in office with agendas you agree with, but in that case I would hope and pray that Pence takes over soon and imposes some kind of rationality.

For a guy who claims there's no Russian collusion (and I personally never believed there was, just stupidity on the part of naive people working for him) this is the F'ing dumbest thing you can do, unless you WANT to make it look like there's collusion.

How is it good to throw Europe under the bus and buddy up with Putin?

He's lost his grab-ass mind... or he's just punking us. I haven't figured it out.

Trump stuns the world at Putin summit
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... tin-summit
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Trump chooses Putin over his own intelligence agencies...

Post by Err »

I saw the clip and was disgusted. What was really annoying is that he attempted to deflect to Hillary's e-mails.

I also like how he claims that Obama knew about Russian interference but did nothing and that there is no interference. Which is it?

I'd hate to say it but I look for this Treasonous Bastard to be reelected. Trumps supporters don't care what he says and the Democrats won't get off their butts to vote.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

I have lived long enough to understand that political currents go back and forth and the party that wins elections is in power for a while.

He can go on for weeks how people who kneel for the anthem are "traitors" but he can piss all over our military and doimestic intelligence people b/c putin was very convincing.

I have never seen anything like this - a prez who has a very limited understanding of global trade and politics insulting our best allies and trade partners.

It is disgraceful. Trump said he was going after chinese firm XTE big time. The china arranged for a loan for a new golf club. Shortly thereafter - problem solved.

Most the the european papers ran headlines similar to the one above. He is regarded as deeply flawed and Putin's b*tch as this point.

There have been multiple stories about how intel briefing have to be limited to one page. After reading stuff, he rips it up and tosses it on the floor. Then people have to sweep it up and put it back together as government records that must be retained. A couple of gs-15 archivists complained about this and got canned.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This is likely the ONLY opinions he cares about, so maybe that'll sink in. Leakers say he's upset and baffled that he's getting such negative reactions.

Trump loses Fox (for a day)
https://www.axios.com/trump-fox-news-ru ... 5ef01.html
Fox Business host Neil Cavuto: Trump’s failure to denounce Putin made his performance “disgusting.” The presser “set us back a lot.”
Fox Business anchor Stuart Varney: "It was not a very forceful presentation from President Trump with Putin standing right next to him."
Fox News anchor Abby Huntsman: "No negotiation is worth throwing your own people and country under the bus."
Fox News chief White House correspondent John Roberts: “There's a growing consensus that the President threw the United States under the bus."
Fox News host Laura Ingraham: "Don’t use 'strong and powerful' to describe Putin’s denial re. election meddling. Use words 'predictable and damaging to US-Russian relations' to describe Russian meddling."
Fox Business host Trish Regan: "This was clearly not [President Trump's] best performance. He's done a whole lot better than this. He should have defended us. He should have defended his own intelligence community."
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The man is delusional. I hope he's enjoying the soccer ball.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

And now, after a day of outrage from the left and the right, now he says he 'mis-spoke' (while pointing out that it's OUR fault for not understanding him). After 'looking at a transcript' he says he could see how maybe we stupid, ignorant, morons (after all, he's a certified genius) might have misunderstood him and so he clarified.

So no one on his staff on the flight home mentioned this 'misunderstanding'? When he watched the news and the endless replays of his press appearance he didn't notice he 'mis-spoke'? Nor did Hannity bring it up I guess during last night's interview?

So, just so you all know, we're not supposed to take ANYTHING he says (either in person or on Twitter) literally. Got that? Ya'll just don't understand how genius works.

Sigh. Anyone watch that press conference and get the impression that he just 'misspoke' one word, but was actually being a hard ass to Putin? Didn't feel that way to me.

And then when he 'corrects the record' that yes, he believes Russia DID hack us, he still gives a weasel caveat that 'It could also have been someone else'.

I have always thought that pee-pee tape allegation in the Steele dossier was just a far-left conspiracy theory fantasy, but Trump himself is working REAL hard to convince me otherwise.

Trump says he accepts US intel on Russia — then adds it ‘could be other people also’
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... d-be-other

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Man, you know it's bad, when THE FEDERALIST calls it a 'botched meeting'
http://thefederalist.com/2018/07/17/des ... ng-russia/

BTW the guy at the Federalist that wrote that has an interesting theory that I think makes sense, if you ignore the knee-jerk liberal outrage:
But there’s a far simpler explanation: Trump was more concerned with sticking it to his domestic opponents than being tough with Putin. He’s trolling the Left in America — but he’s recklessly doing it on the international stage. He has allowed his own ego and his fight with the mainstream media and the Left over the Russia collusion narrative to dictate how he engages the leader of an adversarial foreign country.

Trump might be a pawn of Putin, but not in the way the media like to portray it. He’s a pawn because Putin has a good read on Trump and the domestic climate in America. He knows just which buttons to press, and how to play on Trump’s weaknesses.

Although Trump’s incredible statements at the press conference were irresponsible, naïve, and even dangerous, they do not reflect current U.S. policy toward Russia. And that’s a very good thing.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Aaaaaand another 24 hours after the half-hearted walkback, and he's back to contradicting his intelligence director and saying Russia doesn't pose a threat.

John Kelly must be ready to blow his own brains out after this week's fun and games.

Trump says Russia doesn’t pose threat, contradicting intelligence director
http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... -have-been

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

I don't know WTF he's thinking. I hope he's just letting Putin hear what he wants just to "keep your enemies closer" but you never know with Trump. Might be in over his head.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

More madness:

Outrage erupts over Trump-Putin ‘conversation’ about letting Russia interrogate ex-U.S. diplomat Michael McFaul
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ?ocid=News

WHY would ANYONE in the White House press corps not just say an unequivocal NO to this? Even if Trump was considering it, I wouldn't want to admit it. It's F'ing CRAZY!
Former Secretary of State John Kerry tweeted that the offer was “not something that should require a half second of consultation. Dangerous.”

“The administration needs to make it unequivocally clear that in a million years this wouldn’t be under consideration, period. Full stop,” Kerry tweeted.

Allowing such questioning of Americans, particularly of a former ambassador who had diplomatic protections while in Moscow, would be an extraordinary move on the part of the Trump administration, experts and officials said.

“The entire country should be aware of this,” tweeted Tom Nichols, a professor at the U.S. Naval War College and the Harvard Extension School. “If Putin can single out” McFaul, Nichols said, “he can single out anyone. The President’s job is to protect us, not to even *consider* handing any of us over to an enemy government.”

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

The frustration among the GOP in Congress, and the West Wing staff, must be palpable. There's lots of good news the White House can brag about: the economy, the jobs and unemployment figures, if you're a conservative then you're excited about a second Supreme Court Justice appointment.

Trump blames the 'fake news' for focusing only on the negative, but HE'S the one who is constantly crapping on his own good news.