Giuliani: ‘Collusion is not a crime’

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Giuliani: ‘Collusion is not a crime’

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Oh boy. You know, I've talked to a lot of attorneys, and they all agree that Giuliani is not helping Trump's case at all.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ot-a-crime
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Giuliani: ‘Collusion is not a crime’

Post by Err »

Technically, I don't think the word "collusion" appears in Federal Law but "Conspiracy" sure does. "Obstruction" and "Treason" appear too.
wvjohn

Post by wvjohn »

Back in the day I think Giuliani was pretty sharp about some things, but now he is way past his sell date. Trump's technically competent lawyers bailed a while back. Collusion is not a legal term of art, like arson or theft. They are beating on it for that reason. It doesn't mean anything in legal terms, just smoke and mirrors. English common law once provided for a maze determing principas of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd part, accessories bwfore and after the fact, etc, much of which is reflected in US law. There are about 99 ways that being involved with someone doing something illegal - before/during/after.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ex-FBI chief of staff: Collusion is ‘absolutely a crime’
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing- ... ly-a-crime
“If these folks don’t know that collusion and conspiracy are synonyms for one another and this is a legal strategy, then they might want to consider changing horses in this race,” Rosenberg added.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "