I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: I Am Part of the Resistance Inside the Trump Administration

Post by Losbot »

Damn!
I could go either way. I could see this being what it claims and I could see this as a way to create distrust within the administration.

Wow is right.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah. On one hand, I could see it being exactly what it claims to be. BUT if you really are this person doing what you claim to be doing along with others, WHY shine a spotlight on yourselves and start a witch hunt?

NYTs claims they know the identity of the person and it is someone in the Trump White House.

The problem is that this White House leaks like a sieve (and Trump can't blame "Obama Appointees" anymore because they're all long gone by now. We know from past history that people in this White House leak to sabotage other people in the White House, so what's the game here?

Is this exactly what it claims to be?

Is someone in the White House trying to setup someone else in the White House?

Is this someone in the White House purposely releasing this with Trump (or someone else's) blessing as a mis-information campaign to distract the public? Yeah, a bit of a stretch, BUT Trump does like to invent dog-and-pony shows to try to distract the public and the press from what he considers bad news and this editorial actually HELPS Trump with his base - it makes it look like he's fighting the "Washington Elites" trying to destroy him. Trump loves to create adversaries to pit himself against.

Strange times...
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

The whole thing is screwed up.....big time. SMH
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Lotta people wondering if it was a setup to implicate Pence and his staff. There were hints in the editorial that made it sound like it came from Pence or someone in his orbit. We've heard stories before that the West Wing people don't much like the VP's people.

The most entertaining theory I heard was that it's Kelly Conway. NO WAIT, HEAR ME OUT! We already know her husband openly criticizes Trump on Twitter all the time, and she's always demurred when asked about that by reporters. It would make a great movie plot... :)