Breaking News...

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Breaking News...

Post by Losbot »

Agreed. There's nut job on both sides.

Too many people have little respect for others. It's getting more chaotic over time.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Aaaaand...

‘I will be ready to kill’: Florida man threatens to shoot senators over Kavanaugh vote, deputies say
https://www.tampabay.com/article/201810 ... /310049619

I'm sure there's some nut on the left saying the same thing somewhere. Crazytown.
We need to get this over with one way or the other and move on. I still say Kavanaugh is the best we're going to get under Trump, and if he continues to rule based on law, as he has in the past, I'm fine with him.

I am disturbed by his not so subtle threat to retaliate against democrats once he's on the bench. That was a stupid thing to say, and he's walked back on that.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I'm glad they got this guy. I fear that there is someone (far right or far left) that's not saying anything and just waiting.

Kavanah's testimony was bizarre. He could've shut down most of the issues by simply stating that he was wild in in youth. He did several things that he regrets and several things he doesn't remember. He could have calmly said that he doesn't remember anything happening with Ford but if he did cross the line, sincerely apologized. He should've have started weeping about his Dad's calendars when he Dad was sitting right behind him, stopped stating how much he liked beer, and not deflected questions with questions. Clinton's name should've never came up.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

It almost felt like Kavanagh was reading a script written by Trump at that point.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

It would be nice if the court was made up of neither left or right justices. The problem is who ever has the majority, they want their guy that represents their party.