Pat Robertson: let’s not risk “$100 billion worth of arms sales”

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Pat Robertson: let’s not risk “$100 billion worth of arms sales”

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: Pat Robertson: let’s not risk “$100 billion worth of arms sales”

Post by Err »

I don't think we need to give the middle east weapons to begin with. I wish when these "Christian" leaders are interviewed they would ask them to cite the Bible verse that supports building weapons.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Funny how the right complained when Obama seemed to get cozy with the Saudis, but if it's Trump it's okay.

Also easily forgotten, apparently, is that Trump once accused Saudi Arabia of being directly responsible for 9/11.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

Funny enough that 15 of the 19 Hijackers were from Saudi Arabia. While this doesn't make the Saudi's directly responsible, it's probably closer to the truth than blaming Iraq. It may be one of the few times Trump was right.

The theory I'm seeing being floated around the Qanon circles is that the Deep State had the reporter killed to make Saudi's Prince look bad.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

In their own consulate? The Saudis run their government like the soviets did their: totally locked down and controlled. Unless there's some royal family back stabbing going on, there's no way this reporter is going to be 'disappeared' inside their own consulate without it being approved from the top.

Interesting that one of the members presumed hit squad was killed today in a suspicious car accident.

Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Hey, at least Trump made clear that 1 dead US resident (but NOT a citizen, apparently important) reporter is worth less than the arms deal going on, so there ya go.