A big thanks to the Prez for my temporary tax cut

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
wvjohn

A big thanks to the Prez for my temporary tax cut

Post by wvjohn »

which came out to about $25 month and taking away the medical deduction. WE have pretty good medical insurance now - my wife had back surgery last summer and it was basically covered. Then she needed serious peridontoal surgery with multiple extractions and I'm $8k out of pocket and no deduction.

/end rant
reno
The artist formerly known as Renovation

Re: A big thanks to the Prez for my temporary tax cut

Post by reno »

don't even get me started on cost for Heathcare and the polications call it affordable. we need to let them see what it's like . they go crazy if they were to loose there free .public supplied healthcare
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

It would be nice if the politicians had to get the same type of coverage as the average American (ACA, aka Obama Care). Then maybe, and only maybe, would they understand the issue. It would also be nice if they did not receive a permanent pension, and had to rely on SS for retirement, plus having a 401k. Lastly, they have term limits of only 8 years - can't collect on another pension from another government job etc etc etc.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Actually, as part of the ACA law, congress and their staff are required to pay for an Obamacare plan, although they get a generous subsidy for a gold plan, and some extras.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/membe ... alth-care/

There is also a lot of misleading info about their pensions. It ain't the sweet deal some people think it is:
https://www.politifact.com/ohio/stateme ... r-just-on/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "