Why is the Trump Energy Dept. pushing a plan to hike your electricity bill?

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Why is the Trump Energy Dept. pushing a plan to hike your electricity bill?

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

wvjohn

Re: Why is the Trump Energy Dept. pushing a plan to hike your electricity bill?

Post by wvjohn »

It is because the free market is wonderful until your campaign contributors aren't able to rake in extra $$. Same swamp, different swamprats.
Err
Life Member

Re: Why is the Trump Energy Dept. pushing a plan to hike your electricity bill?

Post by Err »

A U.S. Energy Department plan that would force power companies to buy electricity from coal-fired and nuclear-power plants at higher than market prices is projected cost some $34 billion in its first two years – a bill that will be passed on to consumers. Your light, power and heating costs will climb if the plan goes through.
The Trump administration is the gift that keeps on giving. Merry Christmas - Enjoy being kicked off insurance for pre-existing conditions and spending more to heat/cool your house. In addition, we've increased tariffs on China. You know, the place that makes the majority of our electronics parts, many of our car parts like brake rotors and wheels. Furthermore, we screwed over our farmers so we're giving them a nice fat (welfare) subsidy check. WINNING!!!

/S