'Fortnite' and the collapse of parenting

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

'Fortnite' and the collapse of parenting

Post by FlyingPenguin »

"There is nothing more irresponsible than a boy on a videogame binge."

There you go, Fox News should know.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/fortnit ... -parenting
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Re: 'Fortnite' and the collapse of parenting

Post by Err »

I don't believe either anecdote mentioned in the story actually happened. I think fox pulled these names from random internet searches. I believe that these things do happen but they've been happening since the beginning of time with [insert fad here]. This is my favorite line of BS:
Does Fortnite take precedence over other activities in your son’s life? Back in ancient times – say, 10 years ago – most boys would rather spend time with their girlfriends than killing imaginary enemies in a video game. Not any more. Adam White, who teaches high school in Nova Scotia, recently told me about a posse of 12th grade girls who complained that they had lost their boyfriends to Fortnite.
You know. . .because girls don't play video games. /s

As an aside, WHO declaring obsessive gaming an issue was a good thing in European countries that provide health care for their citizens. It allows them to allocate funds to help those in need of treatment.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: 'Fortnite' and the collapse of parenting

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Besides we all know these young kids shouldn't be playing games. They should be at the target range honing their skills with a real assault rifle...
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "