White House Coronavirus News Conference 2020-04-24

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
psypher
Golden Member

Re: White House Coronavirus News Conference 2020-04-24

Post by psypher »

The exact moment Trump comes up with the idea of injecting patients with disinfectants

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Psypher: Heh, only just noticed the N95 mask on your avatar. Nice.

Today's news conference:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/ ... ses-latest
Well, that was a brief briefing. Donald Trump made opening remarks and handed over to Stephen Hahn, commissioner of the Food and Drugs Administration, and Mike Pence, but then fled without taking questions.

The obvious conclusion is he is still smarting from Thursday night’s effort, when he wondered aloud if injecting disinfectant into patients might be a good idea and was duly hammered by doctors, politicians and even disinfectant makers.

White House coronavirus task force briefings are often two-hour prime time marathons but on Friday Trump turned on his heel as reporters shouted questions in vain. Perhaps it was a fit of pique, or perhaps revenge is a dish best served cold. He may also have reached a tipping point with advisers warning that the briefings are now hurting him more than they help.

Right on cue, minutes later, the Axios website reported that Trump plans to “pare back” his coronavirus press conferences, according to four of its sources. Next week, it said, “he may stop appearing daily and make shorter appearances when he does”.
Trust me. In a couple of days he'll get bored or pissed off that someone else is stealing the show, and he'll be back. It's like a moth to a flame.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

FlyingPenguin wrote:Psypher: Heh, only just noticed the N95 mask on your avatar. Nice.
lol, I updated it like 3 weeks ago :)

I heard the reason he left early was he had an appointment to receive a Lysol enema and then finish his day at the tanning salon to get his dose of UV light.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

POtuS got his feelings hurt:
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Two days, at most, watching Cuomo do a proper press conference, and he'll be back looking for the limelight, and his staff will be chewing their nails waiting for his next faux pas.

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

OK. So I had to look into this further and interestingly, all jokes aside, UV light is a real thing. Apparently been around for over 100yrs and was used a lot in the 40s and 50s.
Maybe we need to look at some old-school options instead of re-inventing the wheel.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4783265/
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You know, he himself now says it was a 'sarcastic joke'. You can't have it both ways. :)

Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

Maybe someone told him to say that...who knows for sure but I was scratching my head...what??? I wish he would leave the virus medical talk to the experts, and only discuss other political issues like is Kim Jong dead? How's the investigation going on how the virus started? Did China do it on purpose etc.?