Bipartisan lawmakers urge Trump to either sign or immediately veto coronavirus relief bill

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Bipartisan lawmakers urge Trump to either sign or immediately veto coronavirus relief bill

Post by FlyingPenguin »

This guy...

He's holding the country hostage because he's a sore loser.

And I'm tired of hearing people defend his decision. First: There is no pork in the Covid assistance Bill. He is either confused or purposely conflating it with the budget bill, which are bundled together because it was supposed to get it done faster, and they are both against a deadline.

His admin was totally aware of everything in both bills, and his own Secretary of Treasury negotiated the covid relief bill.

The claim that he's holding out for larger individual covid relief money is hogwash. He KNEW what was in the bill. He okayed it through Mnuchin.

If he really wants to help people he'll pass it, and Biden and the next congress can add more. If he sits on the bill, without allowing a veto override, no one gets shit until the next congress and Biden can do something, and that will take weeks.

This is all about him. It's always all about him. Hope he likes the legacy he's leaving behind.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/531 ... ately-veto
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Bipartisan lawmakers urge Trump to either sign or immediately veto coronavirus relief bill

Post by Losbot »

I disagree. Correct me if I'm wrong here but many want that bill killed and re-done correctly. There's tons of money going to other countries that I don't agree with. Why should they get our tax dollars.
There's many on the Left that also believe it's a shitty bill. Why should we pass that? I get that people need help but I don't want all the damn pork that's in that bill.

I personally think these politicians put all that pork in there so these countries can get the money and then send a portion right back to the politicians via another method. Just my opinion.
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: Bipartisan lawmakers urge Trump to either sign or immediately veto coronavirus relief bill

Post by FlyingPenguin »

You are conflating two different bills. One is the covid bill, which has no pork. The bill full of pork, as is usual, is the government spending bill for next year. So yeah, there's funding for the arts as there is every year, and some foreign aid AS THERE IS EVERY YEAR, and I'm sure a few bridges to nowhere, and some other turkeys.

There's no money going to other countries in the covid bill. The reason the two bills are bundled together is because the clock is running out and if they were sent to Trump separately, they may not have made it on time. Of course they assumed asshat would sign it immediately like he promised.

When both sides think it's a shitty bill, that's the mark of a decent bill. Not everyone is happy with what they got, it's called compromise. You know, like the old days when politicians sat in a back room together, smoking stogies, sipping whiskey, and traded government grants to get a bill passed.

But my point is Trump has known for weeks what was in both bills. This is reality show bullshit keeping everyone in suspense. And even though he's signed it, he waited so long that unemployment benefits ran out the clock over the weekend. So unless states want to extend next month's benefits out of the state's own money, and hope congress reimburses them next year, people are shit out of luck for a month.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "