"This is Banana Republic Shit"

Please keep ALL political views and comments to this forum. Let it all hang out, but try, and be somewhat civil
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

"This is Banana Republic Shit"

Post by FlyingPenguin »

'This is banana republic': Wisconsin delegation reacts to the storming of U.S. Capitol by Trump supporters
https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/pol ... 568240002/
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Karl Rove: Protestors storm Capitol -- this is how mobs act, not patriots and all American hearts should ache

Post by FlyingPenguin »

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/protest ... -karl-rove
Mr. President, the people who did this are responsible for their vile actions, but you brought them together today, asked them to share your anger and sent them down Constitution Avenue to the Capitol. It’s up to you to end this attack on our government and the rule of law by people declaring they act in your name and for your benefit.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Key Keeper

Re: "This is Banana Republic Shit"

Post by Key Keeper »

Lol...sigh.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I share the sentiment which a tweet I saw yesterday: "I'm tired of witnessing historical events."

I want to say I'm amazed that more people weren't injured or killed yesterday but I'm not surprised. Had the insurgents been treated justly, they would have been gassed as soon as they reached the capitol steps. Those that broke through should've been shot on sight. I can't believe how unprepared DC was for this.

I feel so drained after watching the events yesterday. I was watching the PBS feed when the insurgents broke in. PBS had a journalist inside the who was streaming the events with her phone. It was one of the most craziest things I've seen. These morons were even protesting at the statehouse in Ohio yesterday. You know, the state Impeached President Trump won? Trump and the right have tainted everything. I can't even stand being around my extended family for too long due to their politics.

The question I have is, "what now?" The conditions now are similar to those just after the Civil War. The Democrats now control The House, The Senate, and the Presidency. Is there going to be an attempt to get back to boring politics and start reconciliation or are we in for another pissing contest?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Interesting view of what happened outside I haven't seen on the news yet:

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Most of these idiots posted selfies and livestreamed. One is, believe it or not, a state lawmaker from West Virginia, who live streamed and pretty much incriminated himself.

So much for the claims that these people were all with antifa.

West Virginia Delegate Records Himself Storming U.S. Capitol | Washington, D.C. News | US News
LINK

Arkansas man identified as intruder in Pelosi's office | TheHill
LINK

Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes and neo-nazi loser Baked Alaska both live-streamed from Pelosi's office after storming the capitol.
LINK

Shirtless man wearing horns at US Capitol demonstration identified | WFLA
LINK

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

Now if only the media and especially the politicians like Pelosi, Ilhan Omar and others would show the same anger toward all the BLM and Antifa crap we dealt with for years going on all over this country, like that embarrassment at the "Chaz" or whatever they called themselves. You had people there as hostages basically, in their own homes.

I haven't read the full transcript but Trump didn't tell people to break into the Capital and at least he said toward the end to keep it peaceful. Those people are responsible for their own actions, not Trump. If they're dumb enough to do those things, then jail them. We've seen nothing but some really vile hatred and suggestions of violence from the Left for 4 years, which has been getting out of control. Some of the things that some people have said were way too much and irresponsible. Nothing was done but NOW it's important and Omar wants to impeach Trump with 2 weeks left. SMH
------------------------------------------

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Seems like he was pretty satisfied with the way things turned out. This is one of the two tweets that got his Twitter suspended:
"These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long. Go home with love & in peace. Remember this day forever!"
https://www.fox13now.com/news/national- ... l-violence

Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

So the Left can go after randos any time a criminal is shot by police but when the Right goes after the people in control its an issue? Also I didn't see any buildings burnt to the ground in DC.
Executioner
Life Member

Post by Executioner »

I see it as a complete failure of security. Some heads need to roll. Don't they SHOOT first and ask questions later? What those idiots did was a federal offense. They have their mugs. Curious to see how may will be charged. Trump really blew it IMHO. After the legal challenges went no where, he should have conceded, then after he's out of office, do your investigation as a private citizen. At least he could have gone out with some pride on what he accomplished after all the BS charges against him (i.e. Russian collusion) that went no where.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

psypher
Golden Member

Post by psypher »

Pugsley wrote:So the Left can go after randos any time a criminal is shot by police but when the Right goes after the people in control its an issue? Also I didn't see any buildings burnt to the ground in DC.
No you just saw an attempted coup and the Confederate flag in the halls of our Capitol. Something that didn't even happen during the Civil War! Fuck those racist ignorant pieces of shit and anyone who even remotely tries to defend them. Buildings burning down? Look around man, Trump's been burning down the entire country from the inside out.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

psypher wrote: Look around man, Trump's been burning down the entire country from the inside out.
Yeah ok. :rolleyes:
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

30 hours later, he finally gets around to condemning what happened.

I call BS on his claim that he "immediately requested the National Guard". It's being widely reported that it was Pence who made the call:

https://www.foxcarolina.com/pence-took- ... 0bad0.html

Losbot
Almighty Member

Post by Losbot »

psypher wrote:Look around man, Trump's been burning down the entire country from the inside out.
I respectfully disagree. They say Trump is a sore loser (which he is) but those hypocrites, since the day Trump won the election in 2016, have been on a mission to attack him since even before taking the oath of office. They've encourage violence at every turn and encouraging people to be violent as well as verbally assault members of Congress in public. The Left and the media have created this shitshow and never let the guy do his job. He managed to do quite a bit for this country despite the Democrats talking about impeachment the day after Hillary conceded.

This is why we're in this situation, because now the Right will treat Biden with the same level of "respect" that Trump got.
------------------------------------------