The Outer Worlds Will Lauch on Epic and Windows Stores

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
Err
Life Member

The Outer Worlds Will Lauch on Epic and Windows Stores

Post by Err »

I'm really looking forward to The Outer Worlds. It appears Epic is spending that Fortnite money to buy timed exclusives. It will also be available on Microsoft's store but I'd rather create an Epic store account than try to navigate the Windows store.

I also saw a rumor that Borderlands 3 may be an Epic exclusive. It that's true I guess I'll have another client to the other 4 I already have.

Remember the days where you could just buy a game, install it, and then play it. Pepperidge Farm remembers.

https://www.techspot.com/news/79293-out ... store.html
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Re: The Outer Worlds Will Lauch on Epic and Windows Stores

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Yeah but I don't miss the days where we had to go hunt down individual updates for each and every game. That was the nice thing about the steam store.

I don't really have a problem with multiple platforms. Competition is good. I just have a real issue with these one-year exclusives. I'm really on the fence right now about metro Exodus. I'd prefer it on steam but I'm not sure I want to wait a year.
"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

The main problem I have is that publishers are announcing the games on Steam and then pulling them when Epic gives them a bunch of money to be exclusive. Metro and The Outer Worlds were both announced on Steam and then pulled. If I was Valve, I'd change my TOS. I'd be mad if someone was using my platform as advertising for another service.

However, this was pure BS: https://www.pcgamer.com/xcom-like-phoen ... -one-year/

Phoenix Point was crowdfunded with the intention of being on multiplatform. GOG was is one of the services listed: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/phoenix-point/game-info

Now the game will be an Epic exclusive for one year. Backers will have to claim their codes on Epic if they want to play the game they helped fund. It's funny that the comments from the fig.co site are now closed. Even though you take a chance when crowd funding a game, as I did with We Happy Few, these sites need to start punishing people for violating their contract. Allowing a refund would be a good step. If I paid for a game with the expectation to get a GOG or Steam code, then that's what I want.

These events also make Epic look bad. I think that they should've simply offered to host the games with a larger cut to the developers and also reduced the prices of the game for the consumer. I wan't competition too. GOG is my go to for new games since their store isn't as cluttered. However, I have a lot of games on Steam and will continue to buy from them. I also get publishers wanting their own launchers. Why should they give Steam 30%? Exposure is the best reason. AAA games will get noticed and purchased on steam.
Genom
Steely Eyed Missile Man

Post by Genom »

Sadly, Epic only looks like assholes to a certain population, but it is by no means the majority. And they have so much Fortnite money right now they just dont give a shit if they alienate a small percentage of the user base.