Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 32:9 ultrawide monitor

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 32:9 ultrawide monitor

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Wow. Nice looking monitor.

Tempting, but I my 35" 3440x1440 does the job, and like he mentions in the article, most games put important HUD displays in the corners. Even on my 35" that can be a bit annoying at times. On something even wider, it would be a hassle.

Also a lot of pixels to push.

Still....

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2019/1 ... ultrawide/

"Turns out I’m 'woke.' All along, I thought I was just compassionate, kind, and good at history. "

Losbot
Almighty Member

Re: Red Dead Redemption 2 on a 32:9 ultrawide monitor

Post by Losbot »

I'll stick with mine. Dell sent us their new wide screen which is like 49" (or close to that) and it's just massive. I wouldn't want to game on that. Too damn wide.
Pugsley

Post by Pugsley »

Yeah it might be time to upgrade my monitors. I have 2 old high end dells. One is a 19 that is vertical as second and primary is a 24. The 19 rolls the first minuet its on then is fine the 24 has a yellow vertical line to the right that shows for 5 minuets or so then goes away. They are both OLD displays with many hours on them. I cant complain about them they have been great.
Err
Life Member

Post by Err »

I don't have the space for a monitor that wide. I'm still on a 24" 1080 right now. I've considered 4K but I'm not ready to invest in it. If the PS5 releases as promised and offers 4K Blu Ray Playback, I may finally spring for one.