Giants is out today 8) Anybody have it yet? How do'you like it?

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
plucky duck

Post by plucky duck »

Wow Syn, u managed to get that game going on a TNT1? Was it decent or terribly slow? What res did you run it at?

Finally captured all 4 of 'em little buggers. They're such a jerk :D

The next level following that is crazy I tell ya. Those monsters just wanna eat you up and spit you out :( They look so scary I tell ya. Almost finished the level then the damn system hung on me, doh! :(

Know any cheats? :) Of course, not gonna use 'em right away, that'll take all the fun away, but you know, just as a last resort kinda thing ;) hehe

Pluckster
Reg Kmet
Golden Member

Post by Reg Kmet »

thanks guys! ut uho, i need faster puter!
Syn
Golden Member

Post by Syn »

Yeah plucky it runs but looks like crap.I only played the first couple missions to get an idea how the game was gonna be.

I got a okay system(800Mhz T-bird[not overclocked],K7Tpro2-A,128mb pc133).I am just having to use a backup card for a while until my new one gets here.
<a href=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=1000>HeatWare</a>
Mike89

Post by Mike89 »

Well I am playing it now. I WAS playing it.

While the game is cool, it crashes more than any game I have played to date. So much so that it has ruined it for me. Also this is a game for the patient. No saves, meaning you screw up, you start that level all over again (and no save feature planned in the future). Can be a bit of a bummer. Cuss alot? You will with this game.

A patch is supposed to be released maybe today (Monday)that addresses these crashes. I sure hope so because I can't play until I get it, that's how bad the crashes are.
plucky duck

Post by plucky duck »

Really? I haven't gotten any crashes with the game so far...maybe I'm just lucky eh ;)

Yeah the game should have checkpoints where we don't have to restart the mission all over again from the beginning...

I don't mind though cause its an action shooter and I like blowing those mofo ugly lookin' creatures outta the blue, er yellow, heaven skies :)

Plucky
DocSilly

Post by DocSilly »

I continued to play some more ... the no-save feature is ok in my eyes, you might cuss some but feel great when you finish another mission.

Does the Millenium Gun kick a$$ or what ?
I still have to figure out a way to strategically use the other 2 meccaryns that I found so far ... encountered Kabuto for the first time but now I need a faster setup to continue, can't stand 800x600 any more (oh so sweet gfx).

And the cutscenes keep me ROTFLMAO, hehe, prolly another contender for GOTY 2000 in my eyes.

I have no problems on my PII 504/CLAP , playable at 800x600x32 high details for most of the time but I need more horsepower to enjoy the game at highres.

Did I mention the hillarious cutscenes ? You have to see'em.
Syn
Golden Member

Post by Syn »

No crashes here either(got the V5).Wish i had a card with T&L support though(why did i sell my Radeon again??).Great game so far and the cutscenes are funny indeed Doc. :)
<a href=http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=1000>HeatWare</a>
plucky duck

Post by plucky duck »

Oh yeah, no doubt man, those cutscenes kicka$$! :D
God, I'd really hate to kill those Rippers and Vimps, but then again, there's an abundant of them everywhere, so heck why not?! :D Fire AWAY!!!

Pluckster