Max Payne?

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
PreDatoR
Life Member

Max Payne?

Post by PreDatoR »

What key or keys allows you to switch from 3rd person view to 1st person view. I always play in first person and i can't stand playing in 3rd. I always end up gettin' slaughtered bad in 3rd person. LMK and TIA

PreD
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

There's no way to change it on the fly, and the game's dynamics are really designed for 3rd person - you get used to it.

The only way to enable first person is to download a mod for it. However once you start the game in first person, and saved games from that game won't work properly in 3rd person.

It's damn difficult to use the roll and lunge commands in first person.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Man why are they doing that with FPS games lately, i've seen a couple you can't play in the first person view.... U got a link to that mod i'd be interested in it... To me it defeats the purpose of games like this is you can't play them in the first person view...
tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

FPS means First Person Shooter. Max Payne is not an FPS, it's a 3rd person action game.
To me it defeats the purpose of games like this is you can't play them in the first person view...

Well if you play Max Payne in 1st person thru some mod (which I doubt will mimick FPS games right anyway), you're going to defeat the purpose of the way the game was intended to be played since you won't be able to use the bullet time dives properly...
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I have yet to figure out the bullet time dives anyways so i wouldn't be losin nothing.... Its a good game great graphics i just can't get use to playing 3rd person its a while different perspective than first person is and all the games i play are FPS...
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I felt the same way at first, but you get used to it. Because of the ducking, rolling and diving you really need to play in 3rd person. Bullet time isn't very much fun in 1st person - I tried.

I can't remember where I found the 1st person mod, but I posted it on my server here: http://soldcentralfl.com/bob/max1stperson.zip
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

tunis5000
Almighty Member

Post by tunis5000 »

all the games i play are FPS...

Then why did you get Max Payne?
I have yet to figure out the bullet time dives

Umm, OK, it's all explained to you in training level. Bullet time is the unique feature of the game, and in the later levels it's practically impossible to play unless you utilize it due to the number of enemies. I suggest you learn how to do it to fully enjoy the game. That's my 2 cents... :)
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Whats the training level? lol (note the sarcasm here)
Solstice
Golden Member

Post by Solstice »

Originally posted by PreDatoR
I have yet to figure out the bullet time dives anyways so i wouldn't be losin nothing....
That's actually impressive. The game is next to impossible unless you use bullet dives. I think I used it for 60-70% of my hostile encounters. The game is practically designed around it.
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

Well if you play Max Payne in 1st person thru some mod (which I doubt will mimick FPS games right anyway), you're going to defeat the purpose of the way the game was intended to be played since you won't be able to use the bullet time dives properly

There is a mod for it actually, but Tunis is right, it seriously messes up the dives in a big way. Going to slow mo is ok, but with the 1st person mod, the dives zoom you waaaaaaaay in, and set your mouse sensitivity to 1000000. Makes it utterly impossible to use them. Were it not for that, the mod would kick ass. Maybe another version will come out at some point, but as of now, 1st person is pointless.
In time, you too will understand what I do.
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

I actually just kept playing it in 3rd tried the fp view and it was alright but there were a few things that sucked... I'm getting the hang of it and figured out the bullet time.... saved my ass a couple times last night... Just got to chapter 3 got past a level and got a bunch of can't load jpg errors hopefully i cna figure it out...
Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

After Playing Max I'm actually begining to prefere 3rd person! Yikes.. I never thoughy I'd say that!!
GeForce GTX 970
AMD FX 8350 8 core Processor
16 GIG
Seems plenty good for gaming! :)
Busby
Golden Member

Post by Busby »

I've recently got caught up in Max Payne and OMG the dives are life savers. What I do near a door is use the camera in 3rd person to look around the corner and if there is a guy I dive and nail the &^$# outta him with the shotgun or dual berettas. I'm beginning to fall in love with Max Payne. I'm in Chapter 6 of part 1 i believe. It's pretty cool and I have gotten used to the third person gameplay. Graphics are good. It's a change of pace from Quake 3 or CS but if I really want a change of pace I goto one of my favorites right now in Madden 2002. Man I love going in there and knocking the &#$% outta the QB :)
PreDatoR
Life Member

Post by PreDatoR »

Ya i'm starting to like 3rd person myself...lol I use to play Hidden and Dangerous a lot and we would switch to 3rd to look around corners then dive out shooting... AFter ya figure the dives and stuff out it aint' so bad... I'm on Part 3 Chapter 5.... Its gettin' tough!!
wvjohn

MAX + RADEON 8500 =AWESOME

Post by wvjohn »

just playing with this tonight (demo), full everything - best visuals i've seen anywhere in a long time :)
<a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=123" target="_blank" >Heatware</a>