Counter Strike Cheaters

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
dadx2mj

Counter Strike Cheaters

Post by dadx2mj »

I am fairly new to Coutner Strike and am just starting to get the hang of it. So tonight I am playing and my team is kicking a$$. All of a sudden we start getting our a$$es handed to us in a bag. At first I could not even tell how I was getting wasted. Pretty soon I started seeing this guy on the other team flying around above the map. It was like he was on an upper level that was not there. At first it was just one guy but by the time I gave up there was 4 or them up there. Everybody on my team was pitching a fit everybody on the other team was just laughing. I hope this was something that is confined to the particular server I was on and not a bug in the new update that will infect all the servers. Anybody else seen anything like this?
Solstice
Golden Member

Post by Solstice »

Yes. Unfortunately the number of cheaters seems to be growing faster than the number of legit players. For the most part it's a lot of newbies who would rather inflate their ego's by cheating instead of taking the time to learn the game. Are these the same people who pay huge sums of money for Everquest accounts and Diablo items? I've seen so many cheaters in the last few months that I have completely stopped playing CS except for a buddy's server.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well as far as I know, THAT cheat is not possible unless the server itself allows cheating (which some do). At least that's as far as I know unless someone's just found an exploit in the new code.

The real cheats in CS are wall hacks and aimbots. Once you've played for a while they're easy to spot. Don't let it bother you though - although some people make it sound like EVERYONE'S cheating sometimes, it's really not all THAT prevalent.

I'm a little picky about my servers - some are administered better than others and an attentive admin will kick cheaters and TKers.

I also prefer PunkBuster servers. ALthough there's ways of beating Punkbuster, it does eliminate most of the casual cheating.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

dadx2mj

Post by dadx2mj »

I had Punk Buster running but I am not sure exactly how it works do both the server and the person playing the game have to have it running for it to work?
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Punkbuster does nothing unless the server is running it AND the admin has it setup so PB is required Some servers have PB setup as optional.

Ideally what PB does is verify that none of your game files have been hacked, and that you aren't using any known hacks or exploits. If PB detects that you're using a hack or exploit, it kicks you. If PB is optional on the server then it won't kick you, but it announces to everyone that you're cheating.

There are ways to beat PB, it's like viruses. Someone comes out with a new hack and then the guys at PB release a new update to deal with it.

It's not perfect, but it helps keep the playing field even.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

Cryo

Post by Cryo »

What map where you playing on when the "flying" occured? I know that there is a map that I call Militia2 on my server (thats not its actual name) where the Ts can physically get outside the map and "swim" around the edge in order to get over and above the CT's. Since I've found out about this I've removed the map.

As I mentioned above I run a LAN only server at my college, since I know most of the guys that play on it I know that they don't really cheat all that much and when they do they'll tell ya. I like to think that I'm a pretty good player and whenever I play online people accuse me of cheating even though I'm not. Often times the online players that think they are l33t, really stink when you put them in the arena with real legit players. One comment that I hear a lot is "Cryo is using OGC!!! Kick him!!" (or something to that effect). Well last night I finally had some time to go online and find out what this thing was. OH MY GOD, OGC is nasty!!! Its a combination of like 8+ other cheats. It inculdes everything from wall hacks, to aimbots to spiked models. You name it and it's probably in there somewhere. The worst part is that OGC runs as it's own .exe file with calls the HL.exe such that it is completly unetectible by PunkBuster. I have to admit I was also surprised at the number of other people that were using it. It's really obvious when you see a guy thru a wall looking at you, and it's obvoius that you're looking at him.

Cheats suck INHO. If you have to use them then you shouldn't be playing. The worst part is that no one seems to do anything about it. Look at Sierra, they just released a new HL patch which pretty much takes code directly out of battlecom for voice communication (very cool if used correctly BTW), would it be so hard to put some kind of punkbuster like plrogram built into the engine to avoid things like this. Now i know that eventually someone will crack every cheat-blocking program but serisously, a lot of these game companies aren't even trying....

And as for those fools who pay real $$ for items in games like Everquest and Diablo... well pardon my langage but they are F**KED in the head!!! Their equipment should be destroyed and they shuoldn't be able to EVER play a game like that. There should be a law or something. These people have lost all touch with reality. I play D&D so don't get me wrong I like role playing but that is just WAY too much!!!
Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop: Mobile P4, 1.4GHz, 15" SXGA, 512MB DDR (266), 32MB DDR Nvidia GF2, 30GB Hard drive, 8x4x32x CD-RW/DVD, Zip250, Integrated NIC/Modem, Windows 2000, LiIon Battery
----------------------------------
DVD/DivX/MP3 Multimedia machine: Mini-ITX Via 800MHz motherboard (onboard video, audio, ethernet), 2x40GB Maxtor 5400RPM Hard drives, Sony 8x/8x4x32x DVD/CD-RW, Sigma RealMagic X-Card, USB Wireless 802.11b: Total machine size 8in. x 8in x 11in(!!!)
XgieroX
Genuine Member

Post by XgieroX »

We are running 2 online servers with out PB and almost every day we are getting some new S***head that he thinks he can come to our server and start cheating. I think most important thing in running online server you have to have enough admins to have them almost every min when the server is on. which is hard to doif you are over 27 and have job, wife, etc etc... After the last update is lot harder to tell who is cheating and whos not beause that stupid hitbox fix right now everybody are getting more headshots. Before you could tell by how many headshots guy is getting if he is using aimbot or not. And after seeing demo of XYJ (I think thatshow this cheat is called) when you can adjust your aimbot to the parts of the body you want to hit its almost imposible to tell if the guy is using aimbot or not. The most common cheaters on our server are wallhackers which are very easy to spot it. Because of that a lot of our members started switching to other games like FireArms, Tactical ops, Urban terror, Red faction, Operation Flashpoint, where you can have more fun with out cheaters. Whenever FA 2.6 will come out we will convert one of our CS servers to FA.

-=Fear my Mortars ! ! ! :D =-
-=XgieroX=-
ChicagoGamers
For Gamers By Gamers