Aliens vs Predator 2 - The Wraithlord's Review

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Aliens vs Predator 2 - The Wraithlord's Review

Post by The Wraithlord »

Ok, I can say it officially now. The game rocks. Just simply rocks. I am very impressed indeed. In fact, the only 2 niggles I have with it are 1) Marine play time is much too short, and 2) wallcrawling as the alien would be much easier if it didn't constantly turn you around. Example: you are on the ground running at an enemy. You jump to the right at a diagonal angle so you can catch the wall while still running at the enemy. Only problem is, when you hit the wall and start to crawl on it, you are suddenly facing AWAY from the target. Makes no sense what so ever. And the Marine missions are cool, but end very abruptly. By the time you finish, you will have a full complement of weaponry, including a sniper rifle. I didn't even use the thing due to the fact that I got it at the end of the story and I already had the gatling gun (FAR more damage to say the least).

Other than those 2 trifles though, the game is fun as all hell. Predator missions really give you that hunting feeling that they should. Word to the wise however: play them on Hard. Anything else is FAR too easy. Alien missions are pretty straightforward, but incredibly challenging, and the Marine missions are very cool as well.

The Wraithlord's Review

9/10 ghosts
In time, you too will understand what I do.
Koo Koo Mouse

Post by Koo Koo Mouse »

Cool..

One question: Can you save anywere? If I remember right, AvrsP1 would only give you limited saves with a patch you could get.

OH..and is there a coupon for a free set of breifs as in AvrsP1? :) (I had to change shorts everytime one of them headhuggers would jump up off the floor at get me... hehe)
GeForce GTX 970
AMD FX 8350 8 core Processor
16 GIG
Seems plenty good for gaming! :)
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

Answers:

1) Yes with the exception of Hardcore mode. This forces you to play without any saves period.

2)No. But in defense of that, this time around AVP2 lets YOU be the facehugger jumping out at people (not to mention the chestburster as well)
In time, you too will understand what I do.
glassoftea

Post by glassoftea »

Wraith,

You are right on with this game. I finally got it running tonight and man, it is a great one. The story line is alot like the movies (the Alien ones) but the gameplay is great, the graphics look nice, I'm into it man, scared the hell outta me playing the Marine levels. If your an FPS fan or an aliens/predator fan go get this game, whatever means neccesary.

glass
embedded
Goober Member

Post by embedded »

That really is some good game!
I never played the 1st part really much, but atleast in the demo, I ate some marines with alien.
Unfortunately that full game isn't legally out yet in here..
<a href="http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/winampcar/index.htm">My mp3-homeplayer..</a>
hammer01

Post by hammer01 »

Welcome embedded, and I loved the first AvP so I will have to pick this one up as well.
<a href="mailto:surelock3864@gmail.com">Drop Me a Line</a></br><a href="http://www.heatware.com/eval.php4?id=32" target="_blank"></a></br>Heatware Refs</br>
<p>