Medal of Honor multiplayer test released!!!

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Medal of Honor multiplayer test released!!!

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Good download server here: http://filefront.gnutelliums.com/
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

Download is at 92% as I type this! Yeah BABAYYY!!
In time, you too will understand what I do.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Something's wrong with that link - it downloaded as a 30 Mb file and got CRC errors. Trying FilePlanet now...
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Well first of all, if they're trying to sell me the game they made a poor decision releasing a free-for-all deathmatch only multiplayer test.

The WHOLE POINT of this game is team multiplayer - I couldn't give a RAT'S BEHIND about deathmatch. I haven't played deathmatch since Quake1.

So this test doesn't interest me much - there's no way of telling how the play balance will work out in a team game.

Secondly I sure hope like HELL that the final game will have a built-in server client and I'm not forced to use Gamespy Arcade.

Oh well. We'll see...

The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

Don't give up on it yet FP. VoodooExtreme posted a way to make the game run in TeamDM and it makes a world of difference let me tell you. And considering that the game is built on the Q3 engine, I find it hard to believe that there won't be a server client with the game.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Ya, I finally got on a couple of team games. It's really stupid that they didn't include that originally - I don't know ANYONE who's looking forward to playing this game in free for all.

Well it's a nice taste of things to come but it sure needs some work.

Either the network engine needs a lot more work, or it's Gamespy Arcade, or it's just because there's no decent dedicated servers, but I have yet to play a lag free game.

Lot's of potential there, but I'm not ready to give up playing DOD yet unti lthe final game is released and we see what it'll REALLY do.

Busby
Golden Member

Post by Busby »

Played it on a LAN this weekend. Loads of fun. I distributed the demo around and people started playing it and loving it. Bazooka wars are the best :D
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

One thing I like about it over Wolfentstein is the weapons. I don't care for the fact that both sides use the same weapons in Wolf. Call it a little thing, but it bothers me to be an allied sniper using a German scoped Mauser. That is just wrong.
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

I agree with your point about RTCW. In Dod you learn to identify someone by the sound their weapon makes. The sound of a German rifle going off in your Allied spawn area sends chills up your spine.

That whole immersiveness is destroyed in RTCW. Also I don't like the fact that they didn't even bother changing some sound effects from Quake3 - the grenade sounds exactly the same and it sounds STUPID.

The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

One thing that REALLY annoys me about it is the sniper wobble. yeah ok, it is more realistic and I am all for it, but that much?? For some reason I am willing to bet says it doesn't take a trained sniper quite that long to aim. I think that the time to get steady should be the same as with the paratrooper rifle in the SP game. Very brief with a slight wobble left when it is done.

Oh well. I am sure someone will come along and make a mod of it to make it more like DoD or just more realistic at the very least. Until then, DoD is still king of the WW2 games. Until Mohaa comes out that is :)
The Wraithlord
Golden Member

Post by The Wraithlord »

Hey anyone else here like me who finds the lack of blood in MOHAA to be quite unrealistic given the fact that it IS a war based game, head to this page for a blood patch to turn the grey dust puff that appear when hitting a body into red blood clouds. Looks pretty good too.