Medal Of Honor Single Player Experience

Talk about your favorite games and any new or upcoming ones. Share cool tips & tricks
FlyingPenguin
Flightless Bird

Post by FlyingPenguin »

Hey Travis,

AWESOME time at the LAN party. Next one is March 15 - 16. I'm going to try to go - let me know if you can make it.

MOHAA on a LAN is GREAT. We basically had a lot of Free-for-All games since it's usually hard to get more than 6 people to play one game at a time. But Sat evening is usually the big crowd and we managed to get half the room (we had like 35 people there) to play a long game of Omaha beach.

It was easier this time since they cancelled the DSL line so we didn't have hoards of zombies playing EverCrack (I could never understand the point of coming to a LAN party to play a game ONLINE... seemed stupid to me).

Still there were a lot of people playing other games. There's always a die-hard Q3 contingent, and a LOT of people were playing Total Annihilation (never could get into those RTS games myself), and a bunch of people playing coop Serious Sam (which is a friggin riot in coop).

Anyway, yes, the Omaha Beach map is tough (especially on the Hard level I'm playing at). Basically wait for the machine gun fire to slack off (do a quick save first) and then run for the nearest obstacle and crouch behind it. TIP: Holster your gun and you run faster and do a quick save after you safely make it to the next obstacle.

There's a medic close to the barb wire that will juice you up if you take a few hits, and another medic that will heal you a bit at the barb wire itself.
Christians warn us about the anti-christ for 2,000 years, and when he shows up, they buy a bible from him.

XMANN
Genuine Member

Post by XMANN »

i've managed to get to the part in Omaha where the Sergaent sends two officers to the trench but get gunned down. i made it to the first trench and grabbed the sniper rifle. i can get to the next trench up in front of the huge hill, but i can't make it any further without getting killed. i've only got about 18 life to that point so 1 or 2 hits gets me. those damn gunners respawn so killing them just buys me a second or two. anymore advice on getting through? i'm almost frustrated enough to cheat just to get on, but i hate cheating the first time through.
rogue
Golden Member

Post by rogue »

You just gotta bite the bullet and shoot those gunners. Once you get to the 2nd trench in front of the hill, snipe the gunner on your right then run out and snipe the gunner on your left. Start running and turn around fast enough to snipe the respawned guy on your right and hopefully you'll have made it. It took me about 10 tries to do this, so its not impossible (just damn hard). I had 32 or something health when I finally got it.
Welcome to the machine.
XMANN
Genuine Member

Post by XMANN »

i think part of my problem is i only have 18 life remaining. i did save prior to that a few times, so i might try and replay it again in hopes of saving more health.